• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf Spring Ordering Help

wsutard

Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Need some help figuring out what I need for springs. I already know I'm going with ESPO springs. However, I'm not sure what to order.

I want to keep my current ride height, 26" - If needed I could go to 27" (ground to middle arch)
I am a large guy and I'm adding 275 lbs to the driver seat and often drive solo. Should I order a different spring for the driver side than the passenger to keep it level?
I have no idea what springs are on the car now. I can see they have 4 leafs.
Its a cruiser but might create a little smoke every once in a while...

Any thoughts on what I need to order to get a 26-27" height with 275 lb dude driving?

I would call them ,they will be the best people for advice.Tell them make and model and what your wanting it to look like. Bought from them and they listen to what I was look for in height and they told me +2 for my challenger. I would buy from them again. Challenger rear wheels sit up in wheel well from factory and I wanted them out. PS I dont think your weight is going to make the car sit noticeably lower.

Your measurement doesn’t really mean a lot unless you know what ‘stock’ is. I have a pair of their springs at stock ride height 67 R/T. The car sits a tad higher than I think stock is. I have pics from the car on day 1 and it’s not raked and I have the front at about the same height as the pictures. Also, good springs don’t settle with time either. Maybe they do but nothing I’ve ever done had a lower height a month/year later.

Also your current weight will not require special spring setup IMO. As mentioned, get on the horn with ESPO and they’ll fix you up.

I ordered +2" for my 71 Superbee and it raised the rear end 6"s from what I had. It's actually now too high.

You'd be amazed at what just dis-assembling, installing new interleaf plates, plastic wear pads and clamps do. I ran air shocks for 40 years to hold the *** end up. I rebuilt my springs and then put a new set of air shocks back in thinking I still need them. Can't put more than 10psi in them, even with the car loaded with Bridesmaids and a Bride! I can go back to OEM shocks..
beedone.JPG
crop7.png

I ordered +2" for my 71 Superbee and it raised the rear end 6"s from what I had. It's actually now too high.
my +2 leafs only lifted my car about 3 inchs at the most.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll just give them a call tomorrow.

While Laura at ESPO is great to deal with, she won't be able to tell you what you want. She will tell you to look at pictures from back in the day to determine if "stock" is what you want. Then add plus or minus from there. And their plus and minus' are not going to be exactly +1 or -1. I bought 3 sets of springs from her for my Duster before I got close to what I wanted.

I would call them ,they will be the best people for advice.Tell them make and model and what your wanting it to look like. Bought from them and they listen to what I was look for in height and they told me +2 for my challenger. I would buy from them again. Challenger rear wheels sit up in wheel well from factory and I wanted them out. PS I dont think your weight is going to make the car sit noticeably lower.
.....this x 2. My brother curbs in at around 400.....and other than the torsion bar height on the passenger side, hehe, not really noticeable.

Auto Transport Service
Back