• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf spring shorter than the other

Cyty Slykers

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
My new springs just came in and I noticed that the left spring is shorter than the right spring by a lot, is this normal? 68 Charger and I ordered 6/7 hemi springs with 2 inch lift.

C34265D1-C3C2-4D54-8E44-886BFBFB65DC.jpeg

Just for sake remove the straps and place on top of another......That could be the issue....

If that doesn't line up then No thats not normal.....

Just for sake remove the straps and place on top of another......That could be the issue....

If that doesn't line up then No thats not normal.....
It’s probably hard to tell in this pic but though strapped they’re stacked on top of one another and 1 end of the left spring is lined up with the end of the right.

Because the outer one has to take a longer radius it looks shorter. Cut the tie straps and set them side to side or stacked on edge on top of each other.

Someone didn't play with dual train tracks as a kid.. lol

What ^^^^^^ said!
Lol I did but it looks off even with them being stacked directly on top of each other. I just cut the straps off and lined them up side by side and the difference doesn’t look way off while lying on the side but 1 side looks a tad longer....it just could be my are playing tricks on me at midnight.

Those are the NASCAR springs..... the car should go left easily once you get em installed. Just don't mix them up.

Just kidding, Lefty71

It’s probably hard to tell in this pic but though strapped they’re stacked on top of one another and 1 end of the left spring is lined up with the end of the right.
As I said cut the straps and place on top of each other on the sides.....not as they are strapped.....

I had bought MP S/S springs earlier this year, and had a similar problem. I needed springs for my '63 & '65, so I had 2 sets in the garage. When I started to re-finish them, I noticed 1 spring was not correct, so I measured, and compared them, determined one was mis-labeled. I had a hard time explaining this to a rep at Jegs, but the pictures helped. The pics are of 2 same side springs, as the left and right do differ.
IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG
They had the spring picked up at my house, and returned a correct leaf in it's place...

Lol I did but it looks off even with them being stacked directly on top of each other. I just cut the straps off and lined them up side by side and the difference doesn’t look way off while lying on the side but 1 side looks a tad longer....it just could be my are playing tricks on me at midnight.

images (1).jpeg
:lol:

Use a tailor's tape,soft and flexable.Measure center eye to center eye.

Auto Transport Service
Back