• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf Springs for my 63 Fury

Blackheart

Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
I took my two longest leaf springs that had bought from Springs and Things to get blasted, the rest of them fit in the blast cabinet I used. I wanted them blasted as although new they had rust on them and I decided to have them blasted and powder coated. Anyway I took them a few years ago, they were to call me when they were ready. I was in no hurry as the car was in the in resto shop and would be for a few more years. Anyway this week I go by the blast shop and they are no longer there, I found the guy that bought the equipment after making a few phone calls and talked to him. He has a former worker with him now but that guy is on vacation and he has the contact numbers of the two previous owners so I am to touch base with them next week to see if by chance my springs are still stored somewhere, estimate my chance at less than 2% getting them back.

Anyway I contacted Springs and Things in hopes I could just buy the two longest springs, nope they don't sell them unbundled, I figured as much.

Springs and Things 1" drop leafs are $270 + shipping
I contacted Eaton Springs as well for pricing; 1-inch lowered springs with the installation kit is 613.95 plus shipping.

Leaf springs should not be powder coated. They have Delrin liners in between the leaves (which won't survive the heat) and, without them, there is too much room / slop to use them safely afterwards. If your chosen shop has access to new liners and can rebuild them properly it's okay ... but most do not. Don't trust just anybody ..... your life (and car) are more important than seeing rust.

LOL! I am not so stupid to have anything powder coated while assembled or with any non-metallic pieces! FYI...I do my own powder coating on small items...It's not rocket science however to disassemble and reassemble leaf springs after the individual springs have been coated using the same liners...

Auto Transport Service
Back