• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

leaf springs

early2drsedan

Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
what are a good leaf spring for the street . i have mopar s/s spring in my car now after about 1500 miles on them there junk . made in mexico i was thinking about eaton detroit springs?

Springs and things dad Tom. 1 inch over bend in my duster. Excellent!

what are a good leaf spring for the street . i have mopar s/s spring in my car now after about 1500 miles on them there junk . made in mexico i was thinking about eaton detroit springs?

What's wrong with them? I was going to suggest the Mopar XHD, but they may not fit your car. What year car is that?

Not sure about the '63 but my '65 Coronet had a main leaf dimension that was 21" in front not the common 20" A body or 22" '66 - ? The ESPO springs that came with my '66 worked well but I switched to SS set I had in the garage. Not sure but Eaton sounds good on their web site.

Very happy with Calvert racing mono leaf springs . I drive a lot on the street also

62-63 plymouth b-body and dodge b-body has 20 in front like a a- body
Early, the 64 was in that group also, my 64 ply had the twenty inch springs w/the small front eye, I took them off and replaced them w/ 1964 ply state police car springs for the bigger front eye for ride, guess what? they where a half inch longer!!(front c to c) didn't find out they where different until I put on the caltracs last week, the ajustment link was too short by an inch. my car is an early 64 car and I think the state cop car was a later car so there may have been a running change somewhere in 1964 for the b-body, long time ago? dont know? Dave.

Early, the 64 was in that group also, my 64 ply had the twenty inch springs w/the small front eye, I took them off and replaced them w/ 1964 ply state police car springs for the bigger front eye for ride, guess what? they where a half inch longer!!(front c to c) didn't find out they where different until I put on the caltracs last week, the ajustment link was too short by an inch. my car is an early 64 car and I think the state cop car was a later car so there may have been a running change somewhere in 1964 for the b-body, long time ago? dont know? Dave.

My understanding was that 1965 was the only year for the 21" front segment. Never had heard about '64 Police package springs before, but production changes sure do happen. Seems like the variation between large diameter & small diameter front eyes covered several years. But.....

My understanding was that 1965 was the only year for the 21" front segment. Never had heard about '64 Police package springs before, but production changes sure do happen. Seems like the variation between large diameter & small diameter front eyes covered several years. But.....
Yes, that sounds right, the fellow that helped me from cal trac said that the 65 was a one year only, they were streched another inch in 66. Dave

Forgot to mention that my 64 was a 365 hp 426, maybe the engine size played into the mix, I know the 11x 3 brakes was a big block only deal. Dave.

Forgot to mention that my 64 was a 365 hp 426, maybe the engine size played into the mix, I know the 11x 3 brakes was a big block only deal. Dave.

The brake size is interesting & good to know. My '65 Coronet was a 426W 4spd & it had 10 x 2 1/2 rear brakes & 10 x ? fronts that I presumed were original.

Don't remember frt.half dimensions by s/s springs needed a slightly longer frt. mount off chassis to make them fit; my old mounts are long gone so for me it's either new s/s or a custom set from Eaton.

Auto Transport Service
Back