• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

leaf springs

Damien B.

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
I m once again looking for some advices
On my 71 satellite my leaf springs have never been replaced and the passenger side is showing signs of wear and is a sagging a little lower than the driver side
Wich replacement would you recommand ? looking on the internet i saw a lot of different product but most of the ones i saw are lowering the car by 1 or more inches wich one would you brand would you recommand to keep the ride as factory specs

i ll go ahead and ask more question reguarding torque specifications
on a b body the front of the leaf blade is in a bracket that is bolted to the frame how tight do you torque the front leaf blade eye to the braket and how tight do you bolt the bracket to the frame? i m also wondering how do you properly torque the front eye with the weight of the car on the suspension because on my car there is not enought space to get the socket and the torque wrench in.

thanks again for your time and for everything i ve learn since i joined fbbo

I'd also suggest ESPO. My Satellite had ESPO's and worked very well. They had a stock ride height. I'd bet they can set you up.

I mounted a set off Eaton Detroit Springs not long ago on my 71 RR and super happy:thumbsup:

thanks for all thos answers espo looks to be some oldschool website without online shop it s quite strange lol guess i ll have to call them on tuesday

the eaton detroit springs looks quite expensive

You could also just have the leaves re-arched. I don't know how prevalent leaf springs are in France, but I'll bet there's a shop there somewhere that can do it.
I was fortunate to have a very good shop nearby who did a good job. Mine are still holding up well (no pun intended). And if they ever start to sag again, then you can try to find a good after market replacement.

wish there was a shop that could do that but in France anyone with something else than the shittiest renault is frowned upon for being rich so we dont have a car culture and american car you either do it yourself or have the car tow for 300km to one of the 5 garage that actually know their stuff and you wait like 6 months before they can work on your car
i m exagerating a bit but it s something like that

thanks for all thos answers espo looks to be some oldschool website without online shop it s quite strange lol guess i ll have to call them on tuesday

the eaton detroit springs looks quite expensive

The ESPO springs are from Springs N Things. They think they need to talk to the customer to provide the correct parts. IMHO

called Springsnthings today, the lady was nice i m probably going to order from them soon it s fun i had never heard of them before asking for advice here compared to the brand like caltrack or hotchkins that would come to mind instantly

Auto Transport Service
Back