• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaking axle revival?

fine69

Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
I’m in unfamiliar territory, fellers. I noticed earlier this spring that the inside of my RR tire has fluid on it. I did my research on fbbo and figured the axle seal is leaking. So I read it could be from pressure and the vent might be clogged so I removed it, cleaned it up, and was able to blow through it and cranked’r back in.
I guess my question is, will it stop leaking if the issue was the clogged vent and it is no longer clogged or is it too late and the seal has to be replaced regardless?

1C106641-6D49-4547-AD40-7532531F874A.jpeg

47F53659-6FD9-4B54-9FA5-CB7AEE960A7F.jpeg

Make sure the rear isn't over filled. Check for excessive play in the axles. Clean up the leaked fluid with brake/parts cleaner real good. Drive it for awhile and check if it's still leaking. If it does then replace the seals.

Thanks. Will definitely be going for a test rip today.

Not much fluid there. You could wash it off with brake clean and inspect it in a 1000 miles and see. Or just install a new inner seal now while it's apart. It's cheap and easy.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back