• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaving California has been great for me so far....

UPDATE: Made it! All cars and belongings officially moved. Goodbye LA. Thanks for the memories......

IMG_0448.jpg

Another update. Just came from the tag agency to transfer the registration on my 2015 ram bighorn. It was $128 bucks to transfer and register for a year and will be 82 bucks a year to renew each year after.
My 73 d100 that I paid $500.00 for was $128.00 a year to renew in California.
Adios California.....:screwy:

Another update. Just came from the tag agency to transfer the registration on my 2015 ram bighorn. It was $128 bucks to transfer and register for a year and will be 82 bucks a year to renew each year after.
My 73 d100 that I paid $500.00 for was $128.00 a year to renew in California.
Adios California.....:screwy:
I'm tellin ya! They wanted $189 the year I left CA. it had been $106, smog was $65, and this is on a 94 Dodge Caravan. Of course I didn't pay any of that! I now pay $15 for Smog, and $60 for renewal, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure it out! Enjoy it Hoser!

$2000 for the last five years in california for my diesel pickup, $500 for the same time period for my old red camaro. Just registered both here in Arizona for the next five years, $324.06, including new title changeover and new drivers license . Under a half hour, in and out.
Last trip to california dmv, hundreds of dollars, three hour wait, no resolve, no tags.

Your costs would be even less if you were in Missouri!!!! I miss their antique tag deal . No inspection, They don't even know what smog means, get a life long antique tag for what $15 one time expense! was it? Texas could be worse though. They tell me everything is bigger and better in Tx!! ha, costs more too!!

Last edited:
Hosehead - God Bless you man. I wish I could leave too. Just about everything sucks in this state. I’m trapped because of my wife and her family being here. It’s only going to get worse

Just learned yesterday they’re going to build high density housing very near my home and tear down a Lowe’s, Trader Joe’s, Walgreens etc etc..... more of the decisions by developers in CA. Give me OK any day! I’m soon to be living in even more congestion. Someone save me pls!

Just learned yesterday they’re going to build high density housing very near my home and tear down a Lowe’s, Trader Joe’s, Walgreens etc etc..... more of the decisions by developers in CA. Give me OK any day! I’m soon to be living in even more congestion. Someone save me pls!
Get out now while your still sane.

Texas might not be the place to go, eventually the Dems will get in and the flood of illegals will change the state even more than already. I take this back, no need for this to go to p and p!!!!
Back in Missouri, I meet a guy from LA that came to his cousin's anniversary celebration. This was held in Springfield, MO a pretty good size "country" type city . He asked me how the Hell do you people live here in a bumkin place like this!?" I said I don't I live 40 miles out in the sticks!!!!!

68413217_2542586785806931_5018865187424305152_n.jpg

What the hell have I been saying, huh? Well Good F-ing Luck until you get your *** outta there!

Auto Transport Service
Back