• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED Halo Ring Headlights with Parking and Flashers

Wondering why you used 5-pin relays where 4-pin are only used

I took the easy way and used clear lenses and switch-back LED turn signal bulbs.
Screenshot_20230620-120027.png
Screenshot_20230620-115643.png

My headlights aren't halo but they have a side marker style socket so I put in a color shifting LED in them.
Screenshot_20230620-115751.png

Bought them by bulk packs and they work just fine. I just put a dead end on those wires so they don't short out.

What's all the clunking in your video were you turn on the flashers, etc? Is that the relays?

What are the time-delay relays for, turn signals? Why can't you control the relays through original style (no load) flashers?

You can hear the relays some, but loader sound i think is me hitting switches. Mic is very sensitive.

You need the time delay to keep the relay open, flash power on off, and doesn't allow to stay open to continuously flash.
Without, the lights will go on off and flash with the DRL and when parking, will just stay on.

You need to have or wont work. That is actually the trick.

So on your diagrams, which are the time-delays ?

the two on Top Center that have TDR

I'm generally not a fan of LED headlights and Halo rings etc but I think this looks good and is very well done... :thumbsup:

I'm generally not a fan of LED headlights and Halo rings etc but I think this looks good and is very well done...
Its 2023 ... drag your *** into this century man ! ;-)

I'd insert an emoji but I don't know how !

I don't understand the purpose of the TDR's. Are these used in place of the existing turn signal relays? If so, why?

I also find your diagrams confusing to follow ... I realize it would be a lot of trouble but would make things easier to understand if you were to highlight each circuit as it operates - even if you were to do it by hand with a highlighter.

Just a thought ... we're not all rocket scientists !!

When I have some time i can make those adjustments to the diagram.
You leave your factory wiring place.
The relays are to allow the flash pulse to trigger the relay to send power to the other relays to disable the parking, maker lamps or driving light to disable and then send the flash power to those lights.
Basiclly you are are making a single filament bulb become a dual-purpose light.

I found your diagrams confusing and decided the only way to get things straight was to draw it out myself. My car has no side markers so that simplifies things a bit. My headlights are high/lo with halos (no turn/drl).
My objective:
headlights work normally
halos will be DRL/turn signals
halos will remain on when headlights are on (may change that later)
lights will operate through the switch as normal (not from key on)

So here's a diagram and how they work:

When "parking lights" are turned on the halos and taillights turn on as DRL
from the standard bulkhead connector "U". Power is through relay terminals 87A which is "normally closed".
When either turn signal (or emerg flashers) are turned on the signal goes through relay terminal 86 which breaks the 87A contact. The stock flasher under the dash still controls the signal for the relay to momentarily switch between terminals 87(off) and 87A(on)

Headlight wiring is totally separate and straightforward.

IMG_6181.JPG

IMG_6182.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back