• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED headlight conversion

Huicho417

Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
I would like to convert the headlights on my 67 Coronet to LED for better visibility. I just started doing some research and it seems like the Holly option might be the best, but out out of my price point. Has anyone here used any other options that yielded good results? Thank you in advance.

Commenting here because I'm also interested in doing this. Looking forward to replies.

Before going to LED you should check voltage at headlights with them on and engine running and also voltage drop on both pos and neg at headlights. Old wiring, wire connections and switches cause all sorts of problems for a 55 year old car.

I converted my 65 to halogen and really like the results. I did use dual relays and heavier gauge wiring also.
Mike

I would go with a headlight relay kit. It takes a big strain off the headlight switch and provides more voltage to the headlights. I’ve done this on 2 of my Mopars.

If any of you guys have the original General Electric low beams (5 3/4"), I'm looking for a pair...

I would like to convert the headlights on my 67 Coronet to LED for better visibility. I just started doing some research and it seems like the Holly option might be the best, but out out of my price point. Has anyone here used any other options that yielded good results? Thank you in advance.
Haven't done it but thinking about it.
Saved in MyEbay:
7" Stock Glass LED Headlights. No mods needed??

Don - if it's nice - not foggy/hazy, nice reflector and lens - and works, shoot me a PM and we can email.

Octane Lighting. Plug and play
8EBD22F2-804F-4E22-B330-825806A77683.jpeg

Thanks everyone. I am going to proceed with the octane halogen option with amber colored hi beams. I am going to pair it with their headlight relay harness as well. Really appreciate everyone's input and recommendations.

I just purchased the Octane headlights and relay harness. Has anyone done it that can share some images on how they ran the relay wiring? My foot dimmer has has three wires coming out of it. A red wire, black wire and light green wire that goes to headlight switch on dash. Of the red and black wires which one goes to high beam and low beam lights?

Get a hold of a member "crackedback" to get his wiring harness for 2 or 4 headlights. Also, look at his "wire around". They come with all you need, even relays. Attached is my headlights on just battery, not running and I mounted the relays under my battery tray, on the arm and hidden

Holley rapes you on what they want for EACH headlight

20180413_175935.jpg

20170204_161846.jpg

Holley is coming out with their Retrobright LED series soon. Not sure how they compare price wise with the other solutions mentioned here. They do appear to be truly plug & play.

They're already out

Website was saying they wouldn't ship until November, so I had thought they were still in preorder status. Thanks for letting us know.

Website was saying they wouldn't ship until November, so I had thought they were still in preorder status. Thanks for letting us know.
Well, one should call them, which I didnt. Thats what their site says. I know of a few companies will "preorder" only to find out that they don't have them. Holley says $179/light(?):rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back