• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see if this will work

Around 80 percent of homes in this country have at least a single car garage. There are so many things that can go wrong with a house, the garage is the last thing on my list. I do get it though.
My house was built in 1940, single car attached garage. Too small to do anything but park a car in, no room to work on it. Considered opening up the the ceiling to exposed the rafters when I thought about building a mancave but reconsidered when my test hole revealed 1-1/2" thick concrete walls and ceiling! F**k that noise. Happy now that I didn't continue, it was before I found and purchased my 69.

Around 80 percent of homes in this country have at least a single car garage. There are so many things that can go wrong with a house, the garage is the last thing on my list. I do get it though.
Yup, the majority of house fires are due to electrical shorts, cooking and smoking but lots of other reasons I don't like an attached garage. When I was married with kids at home, I would have had to be a LOT quieter lol...plus all the smells from welding, solvents, paint fumes etc seem to always find their way into the house no matter if the overhead door is open. Also when I built my garage/shop, I installed a rear 10' wide overhead door to help with access (the shop is 52 feet long) plus ventilation and also have windows. Very few houses around here with attached garages have windows let alone a rear door. Most of my friends have detached and the ones that don't usually get complaints from the 'better' half whenever they do what I listed. I do know one guy here locally (member here too) that has an attached garage with a double wide door on the front and has the same size door in the back of the garage. One benefit that I like with attached garages is ya don't have to get wet walking out (running?) to it like you do with the detached garage when it's raining....

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 8.56.49 PM.png

Way too funny.......why are we regressing to battery power when we have very advanced engine technology?

Way too funny.......why are we regressing to battery power when we have very advanced engine technology?
Because I want to date SOMEONE and she won't get in my Mopar (even though it's a "GREEN" "CHARGER"!).
:carrot:

I don't like a car being in the garage that's attached to the house. Always said I would never own a home with an attached garage and so far that's happening.

agreed....... if the house catches fire, all my cool **** is safe

agreed....... if the house catches fire, all my cool **** is safe
Or.....the other way around. Have thought about that a time or two....think I'd rather the house go up lol. Just would hate to not be here when it happened and have my little doggies go up with it.....

Yup, the majority of house fires are due to electrical shorts, cooking and smoking but lots of other reasons I don't like an attached garage. When I was married with kids at home, I would have had to be a LOT quieter lol...plus all the smells from welding, solvents, paint fumes etc seem to always find their way into the house no matter if the overhead door is open. Also when I built my garage/shop, I installed a rear 10' wide overhead door to help with access (the shop is 52 feet long) plus ventilation and also have windows. Very few houses around here with attached garages have windows let alone a rear door. Most of my friends have detached and the ones that don't usually get complaints from the 'better' half whenever they do what I listed. I do know one guy here locally (member here too) that has an attached garage with a double wide door on the front and has the same size door in the back of the garage. One benefit that I like with attached garages is ya don't have to get wet walking out (running?) to it like you do with the detached garage when it's raining....
Daily drivers in the attached. Toys in the detached here.

Auto Transport Service
Back