• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lets see your custom dashes...

Byrd

Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
I am thinking of making a custom dash for my 66 Satty. I want atleast some sftermarket gauges to keep tabs on everything. Plus I'm not really into the all stock look. I'm trying to get some ideas on what to do and what has been done.
So please post up them custom Mopar dashes. Don't even need to be pics of your dash maybe someones else.

DSCN7416.jpgThis one is for my 69 charger.

my RR had a custom dash in it. i un-did it though... just not my thing.

roadrunneroct11005.jpg

Here is my 1979 Triple Black Magnum XE with a custom digital dash:
38135620001_large.jpg

Prototype - Next digital dash for my GT:
38133890045_large.jpg

Building this one now for my buddies 71 Charger:
dash03.jpg

Magnum, if you tell me your car talks to you that would be even cooler then what your dash looks already.

Magnum, if you tell me your car talks to you that would be even cooler then what your dash looks already.

The only dash or car that talked to me was my 1988 Black LeBaron Turbo II convertible with a digital dash and all the best goodies. I do miss that car?! I also built a KITT car that talked, at one of the companies I worked here in Florida.

I used a very high tech program called Windows 7 Paint! :confused5: The picture is from Bing images and I modified it on Windows Paint. Steve wanted to see his dash with out the radio and smoked glass gauges. And wa la!

Ill be doing a custom dash in my 72 charger. however funds are low and im going to ghetto rig somthing in there for now. I have a melted rally cluster and i think the speedo works in and ill get a cheap tach and a good oil pressure gauge till then

here is mine almost done.cut the original bezel edge from a junk dash and made an aluminum sheet from an old stop sign.speedo and tach just fit and mounts to same holes as the original 1967 coronet.
2012-06-06_15-06-44_805.jpg

63 Fury. Built to suit me...

Attachments

• DSCN1699.jpg
    DSCN1699.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 746
  • DSCN1851.jpg
    DSCN1851.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 752
  • DSCN1859.jpg
    DSCN1859.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 757

I'm guessing that is the cluster that Classic Industries is selling?

I was wondering what it looked like in person.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't mine, but from another user on the site...he used Speedhut gauges in a stock cluster...pretty slick.

I decided to give the interior a little different feel, so I decided to go black instead of woodgrain. I picked up a spare bezel and stuff off Ebay so that I could keep my originals.. I got a carbon fiber pistol grip, replaced the woodgrain decal on the console with black decal, and picked up some white faced gauges..

I was limited on gauges because I needed 4" the standard Autometers were too small, or too big for my openings, I found these from Speedhut (they also make the standard sizes) but all built to spec per your order, you can get a ton of different looks including your own text and graphics if you would like.. Made in the USA, only 1" deep..

Anyway, some cool features

GPS Speedometer (with turn signals and high beam indicators) does not require a transmission sensor or cable.. Shows 0-60 Time.. 1/4 mile time and speed.. elevation.. Peak Recall max speed.. Compass.. GPS Clock.. etc..

Tach of course has Peak max recall.. 5 LED shift lights which are programmable.. can also hook up external shift light.. shift lights can be set with day/night brightness settings

Anyway onto pics..

gauge2.jpg

gauge3.jpg

gauge1.jpg

Int.jpg

If you need more pics or info let me know. Its slighly pricey but considering the other options I am happy.

To those of you not familiar with a 64 Plymouth dash this may look stock except for the gauges.
The original cluster was replaced with a sheet of .060" aluminum with gauges inserted. The push button shifter is supposed to be on the left. I had to make a new bezel for the right side. There should only be 4 gauge pods. I also fabbed the bezel on the far left. The buttons are reversed for the reverse pattern as well, and no you can't just switch them.
Doug

Attachments

• 267.jpg
    267.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 724
  • 270.jpg
    270.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 731
  • 446.jpg
    446.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 729
Auto Transport Service