• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets talk Coffee

started here and still doing the same today GI%20Instant%20Coffee%20Can[1].jpg

i buy my coffee directly from the growers in the quintals (110 lb) and do my own roasting as a hobby. cost about $1.00 lb. coffee is my 2nd. love after Mopars. have coffee in the morning, and later in the afternoon as a boost.
Roasted beans:
024.jpg
Green beans
026.jpg

Never touch the stuff..... If I had. Server like the lady above I'd drink it all night long.....

The wife bought me a grinder and a few bags of Starbucks beans for my birthday. Much better than the ground crap I was buying. Now, just need to find a good dark roast bean that won't break the bank. Any suggestions?

doseydoe.com

click on line store. Cool place, I've met the owner and it is also a music barn so to speak as you can see from the link. the story is that he traveled many places and found a barn in KY. Well being from a farm community in southern KY.....I found some humor in THAT. That's like going to a car show and finding CARS to me. Anyway they disassemble the barn and reconstruct it in The Woodlands...and pull in some decent talent.

Now back to coffee. Stuff is good and anytime I can avoid filling the pockets of liberals aka Starbucks...its a plus for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Got a Kerig last fall. I drink black coffee of several kinds now, regular,hazel nut, Chocolate, Caramel, Vanilla etc

LOL, my neighbor (aka Mr. Knowitall) was all against Kerig and the expense "well the flavors just dont impress me". THAT is when we were considering it, however we declined to buy one. Fast forward he wins one in some little gift giving thing at work. Now that he has one he trys to tell me how its the best thing on the market and how remarkably inexpensive the packets are to buy. Well I'm all for hey if you like it thats fine but the wife and I drink a lot of coffee and we would go broke using one of those.

there is a market near me that has a highend coffee section
with close to a hundred selections from all over the world.
i have tried alot of them
the top 2 dogs are jamacian blue mountian at 44 dollars a pound
and hawaiian kona at 29 a pound.
both are pure rocket fuel with a nutty taste.

my favorites are a cheaper jamacian island that is at 12 a lb
and one called brazil rainforest that is 11 a lb

I get my coffee every morning from the local barista stand just down the block from my house...Mondays are "Burlesque" day.... :D

My coffee is FREE for the rest of my life there. I 911'ed a burglar trying to pry their door open one night when I was out walking my dog before bedtime, so they gave me a "VIP" card. Turns out the burglar was the one who had hit about 20 coffee stands in the three weeks before I dropped the dime on him.

Even tho the coffee is free, I still tip every time....those pasties aren't cheap ya know....and they serve it just the way I like it.

That is so COOL Rick!

i recently heard that 80% of the worlds population
consumes caffeine at least once a day...

Decaf Dunkin' for me. Lots of cream.

Interesting to read how complex or simple your tastes are.
Drink mine black, don't like grounds.
But it's all good.
All coffe is good, so long as it doesn't come from a damn Starfucks.

I buy my coffee beans whole & pre-roasted
I try different flavors all the time too
I gravitate towards the dark blends
or French {surrender Monkey's} Roasts

I got a Keurig single cup maker for Christmas from my aunt,
some 6-7 years ago, never even took it out of the box,
until my ol' standby Mr. Coffee maker died
& I resorted to try the Keurig, many different variety pack,
I can say I'm not impressed at all !! only a few I even liked !!

IMO even the cheap generic Cost-U-Less whole beans are far better...
The 1 cup at a time is a PITA too...
I drink too much coffee probably, but it's one of my very few vices,
but I love the taste & smell of a good pot of coffee in the mornings...
Even if I throw half a pot away it's still much, much better &
far cheaper than the Keurig designer coffee's crap...
{not that price is the biggest issue, I'm kind of a coffee snob, I like flavor}

I was also going to get one of the refillable/reusable cup thingy's for the Keurig,
for times I only want a single cup, I'll keep it around then maybe...

I'm in the market for a new coffee maker,
I'm going to get a Pot style not single cup BS...
Still shopping/looking...
I don't need or want some fancy coffee maker either,
I like good simple coffee, strong, not some fru fru limp wristed coffes...

If it's really good & strong I like it black,
if it's not that great I do the flavored creams occasionally
or a bit of honey...

I prefer strong & black usually...
Nothing worse than weak or bitter coffee,
Or some Starbucks crap...

Last edited:
In the market for a new coffee maker,
I'm going to get a Pot style not single cup BS...

..[/QUOTE]

We got a Mr. Coffee that has a carafe instead of a glass pot. It is the boss. Should have had one years ago. Will keep Community Coffee fresh all day.

Auto Transport Service
Back