• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Letting of gas during highwayspeed.

Ingemar Viklund

Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
The last couple of times I drove my car (69satellite 318) before winterstorage. I found some new stuff that's never happened before with the car. During a hot cruisenight, driving slowly along time with 4passengers and then hitting the gas on an open stretch the car started jerking and hesitate like crazy, thought someone slammed into me for a while. Then it drove as usual. No bugs, hesitation nothing.
Next thing..Driving on the highway. Runs like a champ but let's say I release the gaspedal just for a second and hits it again, I can feel a short hesitation not as smooth as it just to be.
Since I managed to crush my knee on the last days of fall I haven't really hadcthe time to look into it. Coul'd be lots of things.

High speed could be a plugged filter or a filter sock on the sender getting plugged. The rest could be bad fuel or weak accelerator pump.

Carb needs a going over - that is, if the thing had decent enough gas in it.

I had rust in the tank. New tank two inline filters and cleaned out the carb. With lots of fuels having ethanol in them in ground tanks can get crud buildup. Works great again.

Auto Transport Service
Back