• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

License plate frame repair

Potmetalman

Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I just finished repairing this license plate frame and though you'd like to see what can be done with pot metal. It's polished pot metal in order to see the repair actually looks prior plating. See the attached photos.

Thanks everyone. Have a wonderful day!
License-plate-frame-repair.jpg

license-plate-frame-repair.jpg

That looks great! May i ask how you did/do that? Have an old Street Machine Nationals plate surround that needs help...

LOL No my firend. I don't do solder brother.
I have seen your stuff on Youtube before. Fantastic work by the way. Back when I was trying to figure out how to fix some thin 71 Satellite marker light bezels. I assumed it was muggy weld but I was wrong.

I have seen your stuff on Youtube before. Fantastic work by the way. Back when I was trying to figure out how to fix some thin 71 Satellite marker light bezels. I assumed it was muggy weld but I was wrong.
I'm interested, do you have a youtube link?

I mean you can't blame the guy for selling a service. I watched several videos and the outcomes are great. But like Dadsbee said they don't show the process. If I had a special way to do something I probably would not give away my secrets either..

I mean you can't blame the guy for selling a service. I watched several videos and the outcomes are great. But like Dadsbee said they don't show the process. If I had a special way to do something I probably would not give away my secrets either..
Guess I missed where he was selling a service; only thing I saw at the link the OP gave was parts for sale. Reckon I need to look closer...

Guess I missed where he was selling a service; only thing I saw at the link the OP gave was parts for sale. Reckon I need to look closer...
I don't think he mentioned it... You are correct. But the logo sig, the name etc etc.. Kind of implies. Almost like a hooker.. You know shes one, she knows shes one but you cant actually call her a hooker without making an offer..

I see that. No good to me as I am a DIY guy!
Look for muggyweld potmetal repairs.. On Youtube.. it can be done. Not trying to piss on OP's thread but the average guy should be able to do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back