• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Live chat box?

YoungGun87

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Not sure how the coding would work on this forum or if maybe there's add-ons for it but I've been part of a movie forum for years that has a chat box at the top of the page in the main "forums" section. Just thought it'd be a neat addition if possible to prevent having to post new threads for quick questions or what not. Maybe have it to where only members can see/chat on it in real time. Just throwing it out there.

you're showing your age, Young Gun........ none of these old farts want anything to do with chat....... you will understand in the not so distant future

Could get to be "interesting" in the political forum.....LOL
True. Was going for a more casual type deal if someone had a quick question about something they couldn't find through searches or if inboxes were full, etc.
you're showing your age, Young Gun........ none of these old farts want anything to do with chat....... you will understand in the not so distant future
Lmao c'mon now I know there's got to be some tech savvy boomers out there. That generation created the internet after all

cb.jpg

True. Was going for a more casual type deal if someone had a quick question about something they couldn't find through searches or if inboxes were full, etc.

Lmao c'mon now I know there's got to be some tech savvy boomers out there. That generation created the internet after all

View attachment 1358386

it's got nothing to do with being tech savvy or not........ Grasshopper :lol:

View attachment 1358386
I was involved in another site about 15 years ago, and we had randomly scheduled Live Chat sessions.....lots of fun....but you had to keep up with the play. When it gets going, there can be up to a dozen or more messages a minute, and replying gets all messy with a reply possibly being so far out of context, that it was a waste starting the question.

I think what we have here works best....it's all time stamped, and permanent, until someone goes postal. :lol:

I was involved in another site about 15 years ago, and we had randomly scheduled Live Chat sessions.....lots of fun....but you had to keep up with the play. When it gets going, there can be up to a dozen or more messages a minute, and replying gets all messy with a reply possibly being so far out of context, that it was a waste starting the question.

I think what we have here works best....it's all time stamped, and permanent, until someone goes postal. :lol:
I could see how it could get burdensome on a forum like this with a more technical aspect. Hell, I may just ask for a deletion of this thread to prevent anymore red 'x's lmao

I could see how it could get burdensome on a forum like this with a more technical aspect. Hell, I may just ask for a deletion of this thread to prevent anymore red 'x's lmao
:lol: It gets even harder when you factor in time zones.....it's mid-afternoon Sunday here now.....I'll bet it's quite late where you are.

:lol: It gets even harder when you factor in time zones.....it's mid-afternoon Sunday here now.....I'll bet it's quite late where you are.
Not too late..for me anyway since I'm but a mere '87 youngin'. 9:49pm eastern

Cool....some of the older members here will be tucked up in bed with their hot cocoa. :lol:
Lmao you're probably right. Either that or already asleep after their 5 o'clock dinner. Alright I better stop before I get in trouble :rofl:

I'm still jealous of their senior discount at Denny's on that grand slam deal. I got another 20 years before I qualify haha!
You wait for those discounts, don't be in a hurry for them. Nothing wrong with suggestions.

You wait for those discounts, don't be in a hurry for them. Nothing wrong with suggestions.
Thank you Fran. You're very kind. I hope to prolong it as much as possible but it seems the older I get the faster time goes by.

Strikes me more like someone is looking for more of what this generation seems to like a lot:
namely, instant gratification.
"Gimme what I want to know - now!" :lol:

It sort of goes along with all the new threads started that asks the same dang question that's been
asked (and answered) a hundred times before - and if they had used the Search box, they'd find
what they were asking for - but that takes effort and time, of course.

Sorry, this ain't McDonalds. There is no drive-through service...

quick question about something they couldn't find through searches
Strikes me more like someone is looking for more of what this generation seems to like a lot:
namely, instant gratification.
"Gimme what I want to know - now!" :lol:

It sort of goes along with all the new threads started that asks the same dang question that's been
asked (and answered) a hundred times before - and if they had used the Search box, they'd find
what they were asking for - but that takes effort and time, of course.

Sorry, this ain't McDonalds. There is no drive-through service...
I always spend countless hours combing through threads, build threads, and all that. I only tend to ask someone a question as a last resort or in case I lost a thread that I spent 8 hours on to get to the 67th page to find out the exact color to paint a part. For instance, I've searched just about every terminology possible to find out the exact size for the holes in the trunk to the fuel vent line hoses only to come up with nothing other than "installed the vent hoses today" with a picture taken 5 feet outside the trunk - that hardly tells me what size the holes need to be, same deal with the windshield nozzle holes in the cowl that the body shop filled in a long time ago with the previous owner. Instant gratification is for those chicks on instagram with 5,000 bikini pics on their profile. I've busted my *** for everything I got and it was nowhere near overnight success.

Auto Transport Service
Back