• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Live chat box?

I always spend countless hours combing through threads, build threads, and all that. I only tend to ask someone a question as a last resort or in case I lost a thread that I spent 8 hours on to get to the 67th page to find out the exact color to paint a part. For instance, I've searched just about every terminology possible to find out the exact size for the holes in the trunk to the fuel vent line hoses only to come up with nothing other than "installed the vent hoses today" with a picture taken 5 feet outside the trunk - that hardly tells me what size the holes need to be, same deal with the windshield nozzle holes in the cowl that the body shop filled in a long time ago with the previous owner. Instant gratification is for those chicks on instagram with 5,000 bikini pics on their profile. I've busted my *** for everything I got and it was nowhere near overnight success.
Excellent. Commendable.
Would that more were like you...

Excellent. Commendable.
Would that more were like you...
Me too lol. Pretty much why I just stick to myself because I can't stand even my own generation. Guess I'm an old soul, grew up on dirt roads, got my *** whooped when I did wrong, rode bikes without helmets, step-dad owned a landscaping biz down in Florida so when I wasn't busy playing on 2 or 3 different teams/leagues after school, I'd be off in a subdivision on a job site doing shovel work and running a front end loader at 14. These people now are obsessed with the latest trendy bullshit out on whatever current social media algorithm is pushing it, going to hibachi restaurants and saying "bro" every 3 words. Holy rant lmao but yea that's about the gist of it.

Me too lol. Pretty much why I just stick to myself because I can't stand even my own generation. Guess I'm an old soul, grew up on dirt roads, got my *** whooped when I did wrong, rode bikes without helmets, step-dad owned a landscaping biz down in Florida so when I wasn't busy playing on 2 or 3 different teams/leagues after school, I'd be off in a subdivision on a job site doing shovel work and running a front end loader at 14. These people now are obsessed with the latest trendy bullshit out on whatever current social media algorithm is pushing it, going to hibachi restaurants and saying "bro" every 3 words. Holy rant lmao but yea that's about the gist of it.

you'll be grumpy in no time......****, you're half way there

I don't.....that was painful....waiting to see if you had a connection. It was less painful watching Chuck Woolery interview his couples on Love Connection. :lol:
You mean you don't miss being in the middle of downloading some music or a movie only for someone to pick up the phone in the other room and it disconnects cancelling the whole thing?
I was just being sarcastic though - involuntary response mechanism lol
Didn't really watch Love Connection that much but did watch Singled Out on MTV for one reason
I do miss the 90's however
jm.png

Not sure how the coding would work on this forum or if maybe there's add-ons for it but I've been part of a movie forum for years that has a chat box at the top of the page in the main "forums" section. Just thought it'd be a neat addition if possible to prevent having to post new threads for quick questions or what not. Maybe have it to where only members can see/chat on it in real time. Just throwing it out there.
We already have one. Stop on in for a chat and a cup or two. Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

Just came across this thread, LMAO!
Personally I hate chat pop ups on websites, extremely annoying.
On a side note, how do I find the 5000 bikini pics? Being retired, I sometimes have extra time.:lol:

On a side note, how do I find the 5000 bikini pics? Being retired, I sometimes have extra time.:lol:
:lol: :lol:Check into the Blue Forum.

That wasn't the style I was speaking of though like some sites have that pop up in the lower right corner, those are annoying. The style would be similar to one on a movie forum that has it at the top of the page and spans the width of the page like the size of a reply box then it times out and goes dark if not used after 15 minutes. For the bikini pics, just gotta get Instagram and scroll through the search feed. Find a few and "like" them then let the algorithm take it from there lol

That wasn't the style I was speaking of though like some sites have that pop up in the lower right corner, those are annoying. The style would be similar to one on a movie forum that has it at the top of the page and spans the width of the page like the size of a reply box then it times out and goes dark if not used after 15 minutes. For the bikini pics, just gotta get Instagram and scroll through the search feed. Find a few and "like" them then let the algorithm take it from there lol
I understand the concept, might be worthwhile sometime in the future when all us old farts check out.
I consider myself one of the rare old dudes that are somewhat computer literate. My work kept me current on all windows and office programs as well as both cell platforms. It seems our company was the pilot program for every mobile application in the utility and contracting industry. But since retiring I have ditched all social media (except FBBO) and most computer exposure.
Back to my porch now.

I understand the concept, might be worthwhile sometime in the future when all us old farts check out.
I consider myself one of the rare old dudes that are somewhat computer literate. My work kept me current on all windows and office programs as well as both cell platforms. It seems our company was the pilot program for every mobile application in the utility and contracting industry. But since retiring I have ditched all social media (except FBBO) and most computer exposure.
Back to my porch now.
I think the people who run that forum are also at least late gen x or older as well. An older guy I used to have brief convos with passed to cancer back in 2019. There's also only a brief few who even used that feature though so it's not necessarily a must have or anything and I believe the add-on through this platform host XenForo has to be paid for when I looked into it which is understandable in not needing to get it. I've been banned off most all social media for not having the mainstream-approved viewpoints and pretty much only on here, moparts, and a very small IG account I use to somewhat document/keep track of my current build project. Probably increased my lifespan a little by doing so too lol

Auto Transport Service
Back