• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Boring intro to me and my first request for help.

Welcome! I have 2 66s. I have a Belvedere II and a Coronet 500. I love them and I get it when you say you're diggin yours.
Brakes, does it have a dual master cylinder(2 lines coming out) or is it a single(one line coming out)?
Washer and reservoir are on the passenger side inner fender, like this:
View attachment 1350078
Hi!
Thanks for responding. This is a factory stock car except for some madman who pulled the original 383 out of it and put some race built 440 from a 71 Fury into it. It has an 8 3/4" 3.23 posi rear, 4 speed and no options checked off. It has a 4 speed console shifted tranny, manual steering which about ripps my arms off at very low speeds and manual 4 wheel drum brakes with two lines coming out of the master cylinder. i am working on redoing the suspension and brakes (non-power front disc). The horn didn't work when I first got it and stupid me ordered new ones before I discovered the horn's wires were tucked behind a newly installed alternator! They work fine now and since I was sent the wrong horns, they were sent back but I didn't see and additional wiring in the horn wiring. I posted several pics to someone else who responded but I don't have three holes for the pump under the reservoir. Maybe you can see the photos i attached in his post but if not, I can send them to you. There seems to be two electrical connectors, maybe ones for power and the other ground. I don't know what wire from the firewall goes where for the pump. Also, you asked a very specific question which intrigues me. Why the question about the one or two lines out of the master cylinder? Enlighten me!!!!
Thanks so much for helping!!!!

I am not yet fully understand the forum and I have a learning curve. I see I can leave a reply but then I see another full box for a reply. Where do I leave my replies? Thanks!
Robert

7A47BD29-5FFE-4DC4-B35E-E487FDF56D0A.jpeg
D1DE5A25-A806-4784-BF72-0EAA9DCDD779.jpeg
6E8BFA8E-7CD1-49B1-B107-0C736B37D9EC.jpeg

@Robert Bart There are no mounting screws on the correct pump. It mounts on the bottom of the reservoir.

Welcome from NY.

To help answer some of your questions:
Not sure which side you are referring to when you say left.
The washer pump goes on the passenger fender.

The wiper motor is powered by a breaker which is behind the kickpanel on the drivers side.
Sorry I thought you were having a problem with the wiper motor.
The pump wire should be brown near the horn wire which is dark green.
2nd Bulkhead connector from the top cavity L (1st row 2nd from the right)

Hi!
Thanks for responding. This is a factory stock car except for some madman who pulled the original 383 out of it and put some race built 440 from a 71 Fury into it. It has an 8 3/4" 3.23 posi rear, 4 speed and no options checked off. It has a 4 speed console shifted tranny, manual steering which about ripps my arms off at very low speeds and manual 4 wheel drum brakes with two lines coming out of the master cylinder. i am working on redoing the suspension and brakes (non-power front disc). The horn didn't work when I first got it and stupid me ordered new ones before I discovered the horn's wires were tucked behind a newly installed alternator! They work fine now and since I was sent the wrong horns, they were sent back but I didn't see and additional wiring in the horn wiring. I posted several pics to someone else who responded but I don't have three holes for the pump under the reservoir. Maybe you can see the photos i attached in his post but if not, I can send them to you. There seems to be two electrical connectors, maybe ones for power and the other ground. I don't know what wire from the firewall goes where for the pump. Also, you asked a very specific question which intrigues me. Why the question about the one or two lines out of the master cylinder? Enlighten me!!!!
Thanks so much for helping!!!!
Ok, out of the same taped wires that the green horn wire comes out of,there is a single brown wire with a single blag plug in connector that looks similar to a horn connector. If it isn't near the alternator, then it probably has been cut off. You will have to go to the position on the bulkhead connector that Don pointed out in his response.
Reason I asked about the master cylinder is that 66 mopars came with single piston master cylinders which have a single brake line coming out. Since you have a dual master cylinder with 2 lines, and disc brakes, it's been replaced. There are hundreds of threads on this forum regarding master cylinder piston sizing and it sounds like yours is too large since your brakes are very hard to push.

Not on a 66 it's not. It's exactly like this. View attachment 1350448

Ok, out of the same taped wires that the green horn wire comes out of,there is a single brown wire with a single blag plug in connector that looks similar to a horn connector. If it isn't near the alternator, then it probably has been cut off. You will have to go to the position on the bulkhead connector that Don pointed out in his response.
Reason I asked about the master cylinder is that 66 mopars came with single piston master cylinders which have a single brake line coming out. Since you have a dual master cylinder with 2 lines, and disc brakes, it's been replaced. There are hundreds of threads on this forum regarding master cylinder piston sizing and it sounds like yours is too large since your brakes are very hard to push.
Those brakes are dangerous! Manual master and drums on the front are terrible. If I have to mash them, I can barely keep her straight! I am planning to upgrade to front disc and a new master cylinder. Problem is I have 14" rims. They do make kits for them but I think I am going to replace them with 15" rims and use the bigger rotors. Im not sure what rims to put on it. Torque Trusts? I don't
the stock hubcap design and there are a million different brake companies. Any suggestions would be appreciated. What master cylinder would you suggest if I am going to keep it non-power. Gonna get to work on the wiring today. I have to look at my reservoir and pump to see if they are the same as your attachment which I didn't see until today because I'm still learning my way around this forum! I post my response in the box below but somehow they end up split above and below the pictures. Now I just hit the reply button in your post. Hopefully it works!

Gracious!

Gonna take a look at it today. I think its been cut off. Not sure why but I will try to fix it. Thanks for the help. Ill be back with my results!!!

Robert

Not on a 66 it's not. It's exactly like this.
T
Yeah, stupid for sure to me to say left! Left from looking at the engine from the front. Should have said passenger side!!! The problem is the holes for the reservoir are there but I can only find one hole punched in the area where the pump is supposed to go and the pump has three holes to mount it. Doesn't make sense to me since the car came factory with a windshield washer pump evident by the spray nozzles on the cowling. I will try to figure out out how to upload some photos to see if anyone can tell me where it belongs. It appears to be under the reservoir and just behind (closer to the firewall) but there aren't three screw holes. The car does not have any bondo nor does it look like the mounting area has been filled in though I could be wrong! If I can manage to attached some photos, maybe you nice folk can help and old timer out (Is going to be 58 old!!!!) BTW, my wife saw this page opened up on the my PC in the morning and thought I was on some ****-site!!!!! B-Bodies!!!! I almost fell over from laughing. :) :) :)!!!!!
OK, hopefully this worked though not in the order I intended. You can see the photo of the inner fender well and the two holes that line up perfectly with the reservoir. I then rested the reservoir on its aligned holes. Where my finger is pointed is the only screw hold I could find. You can also see the nozzles on the cowl and both sides of the pump which has two connections, one which might be a ground and the other possibly power but definitely three mounting holes with rubber dampeners. I don't mind drilling the extra holes but why aren't they there? I even b ought all of the body and mechanical repro books on ebay but they really dont help much at all. Yeah, someone rigged this car for race only but I need some of the luxuries back!!! Yes, the wiper switch works and moves a tad when pressed but it will take hours to figure out which wire will go to the pump and where does the extra ground? wire go? I will check out that mopar site.
Thanks for any help!!!!
Robert-retired and a tad mopar crazy!!!!

View attachment 1350311

View attachment 1350312

View attachment 1350313

View attachment 1350314

View attachment 1350315

View attachment 1350316

Ok, I am tad confused on using this forum! Not sure who I am replying to!!! The kit that I bought doesn't have the pump that goes on the bottom of the reservoir. It looks like the one that has the pump that mounts on the fender well. If I want to keep it stock, I will have to search out a used one because I dont think the aftermarket makes one. I can modify it and just make it look like the one in the photo above which is ok. I will look online to see if someone is selling a correct one but I am going to assume that they aren't easy to find. Is it possible that the factory changed styles during manufacturing or do all 66's (which seem to be left behind in the aftermarket parts0. Even the 67's have aftermarket parts. I appreciate the help!!! I'm old (will be 58) but don't use forums often so its a learning curve for me! This is the oldest mopar I have owned. All my others were 1970's and up B and A bodies but I love this car and its style.

Hi, obviously I could use a circuit tester to find it but it takes two people and its a Sunday so no ones around! Is this the right one? There's two brown wires coming out of it, ones on the top, ones on the bottom. Also, the pump has two electrical connectors. I think the other one is black. I honestly cannot remember. I will see if I can get my circuit tester to find the brown one which I assume is power but not sure about the black wire. thanks

bulkhead.jpg

Hi, obviously I could use a circuit tester to find it but it takes two people and its a Sunday so no ones around! Is this the right one? There's two brown wires coming out of it, ones on the top, ones on the bottom. Also, the pump has two electrical connectors. I think the other one is black. I honestly cannot remember. I will see if I can get my circuit tester to find the brown one which I assume is power but not sure about the black wire. thanks

View attachment 1351575
Well, I found the brown wire in the bulkhead but not sure about the second wire (black?) Im I using this reply correctly? thanks

light.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back