• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

long neck 727 on a 318 please help

I've done this a few times recently on my 74 charger. without removing the torsion bar cross member, you will need to secure the torque converter in it's place and support the engine before removing the trans bell housing bolts and starter. you will have to tilt the front of the trans down and slide it forward. it will work just go slow and support the trans . use gravity as a tool . drain the fluid and keep the area dry. I used an old blanket to drop the trans on and used it to slide it out from under the car.
Thanks!...I just needed to hear how it's done, I figured there would be no turning back, once it starts tilting...it sure beats pulling the motor or dealing with torsion bars

Allrighty then! It is out. Amazing how close everything got. Thanks a ton for everyone's willingness to help!

Now of course I have another question: I'm looking for a gasket and seal kit, no hard parts and preferably with a fill tube o-ring. Everybody wants to sell the full mama jamma for 2-3 hundred bucks. I found a tci "racing" rebuild on amazon for 52.00 but it looks like it has a valve body mod. can someone refer a good cheap kit or tell me if this kit will go straight in with no valve body changes? link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AULJF0A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A533WGTS0FAOA&psc=1

I just need a gasket and seal kit. Thanks in advance!

Transtar Warehouse should be around
Rock Auto
Oregon performance trans if you are near them OPT
Autozone?
CariD
I'll have to look up Shelton= Puegot Sound?
I have a place in Bellingham and also Oregon

Transtar Warehouse should be around
Rock Auto
Oregon performance trans if you are near them OPT
Autozone?
CariD
I'll have to look up Shelton= Puegot Sound?
I have a place in Bellingham and also Oregon

Thanks wyrmrider, I'll try those places!

Auto Transport Service
Back