• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long wheel studs, 8 3/4 w/ drum brakes

threewood

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
I cannot seem to find longer studs 1/2×20 for an 8 3/4" rear with factory drum brakes. From what I have looked at .673" is the knurl size but I couldn't find part numbers for any in either Summit nor Mancini.

Does anyone have a link or part number?

When I did mine I remember I had to use a GM stud. The knurl was just a tad larger. I pulled them in with a air gun stopping to tap them before again air wrenching.

Call Mancini mopar parts they have them i think the part number arp-1000-7705

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MI1OCmmdO64wIVjZ-fCh1FnA-WEAQYAiABEgITHPD_BwE
image.png

I cannot seem to find longer studs 1/2×20 for an 8 3/4" rear with factory drum brakes. From what I have looked at .673" is the knurl size but I couldn't find part numbers for any in either Summit nor Mancini.

Does anyone have a link or part number?
Try DR.DIFF

A.R.P is made in U.S.A and quality is the best not second hand suppler.

Awesome! Thanks guys. Any appreciable difference in the knurl difference between the ARP (.680") and Mr Gasket (.665")? ARP is twice the cost as well.

If you need .673 then .665 isn't going to work.

Now that I see those numbers the .680 are the ones I used.

Last edited:
If you need .673 then .665 isn't going to work.

Now that I see those numbers the .680 are the ones I used.

I'll drop the coin for the ARP then since i would rather have them a bit oversized then undersized.

Auto Transport Service
Back