• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look at what I whipped up.

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
I did not want to scratch/chip any paint putting the hood springs back on the hinges. I didn't!
Mike
IMG_2491.JPG
IMG_2492.JPG

I have used an old fan belt to pull the spring back on the hinge.

I used an engine hoist. Worked smooth

A better job will result by stripping everything down. Springs should be spread to achieve good paint coverage.
Mike
I just installed them and opened the hood and masked stuff off to get between the coils. :rolleyes:

But your tool is impressive

But your tool is impressive[/QUOTE]

Hold on this ain’t the blue room!!

But he did whip his tool out as the header stated.

Very cool! I fabbed up two jigs out of two lengths of L-angle with holes about an inch apart, with all-thread and nuts to act as spreaders for full coverage when I powder coat springs. One is seriously heavy duty for hood springs and the other much smaller. Yours is seriously fancier and would be great ... except it would soon be covered in a rainbow of powders. Congrats on getting the job done to your satisfaction -- they look great!

Thanks for the kind/snarky remarks! I think I enjoy fabricating tools as much as building the car.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back