• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what came in the mail today

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

Filed appropriately ....

thumbnail (4).jpg

Last edited:
a message from above ? devine intervention? last chance at the last hemi ever to be built ! (lol…)

I don’t think I will buy a new vehicle ever again… Was thinking about a new diesel Ram but they priced me out of even thinking about it…. Don’t want to buy one a few years old either as they sell for as much as they were when new. Crazy market out there..

Should have burned it with 5 gallons of waste oil.

The entire thing is an oxymoron.
At least the mailer makes the same amount and type of exhaust noise while you crumple it up as the EV charger in the background there.

One day that will be a reality, not for me, but one day......

One day that will be a reality, not for me, but one day......
I got a precursor of this 25 years ago, when my corporate employer decided to go all in with automated manual transmissions on all new trucks. Smart thing would have been to try out a small sampling, and see if it worked. Hubris of the owner just about put the company under, but he wanted visibility as an industry leader. The automated feature used components from a dozen different vendors, all had to interface seamlessly for the shifter forks to synchronize properly. The system failed miserably. Typical result was truck would miss a gear on a hill, much like a rookie driver, and freeze the transmission in neutral. Only remedy was to disconnect the batteries, and hope the computer would reboot successfully. Often it didn't.

After losing over $3 million on the experiment, the company replaced all the automated units with conventional 10 speed manual transmissions. I sat in on a meeting of all the component suppliers, watched while they all tried to blame someone else. I couldn't resist commenting that the same level of conflict appeared to be taking place among the transmission components.

Automated transmissions have since become mainstream in the industry, after my former employer paid a large part of the development costs. When I bought my last truck, I went the opposite way, with an old school 18 speed manual with overdrive. It's now a collector's item, and most of the guys who could have operated it are long gone.

Last edited:
I got a precursor of this 25 years ago, when my corporate employer decided to go all in with automated manual transmissions on all new trucks. Smart thing would have been to try out a small sampling, and see if it worked. Hubris of the owner just about put the company under, but he wanted visibility as an industry leader. The automated feature used components from a dozen different vendors, all had to interface seamlessly for the shifter forks to synchronize properly. The system failed miserably. Typical result was truck would miss a gear on a hill, much like a rookie driver, and freeze the transmission in neutral. Only remedy was to disconnect the batteries, and hope the computer would reboot successfully. Often it didn't.

After losing over $3 million on the experiment, the company replaced all the automated units with conventional 10 speed manual transmissions. I sat in on a meeting of all the component suppliers, watched while they all tried to blame someone else. I couldn't resist commenting that the same level of conflict appeared to be taking place among the transmission components.

Automated transmissions have since become mainstream in the industry, after my former employer paid a large part of the development costs. When I bought my last truck, I went the opposite way, with an old school 18 speed manual with overdrive. It's now a collector's item, and most of the guys who could have operated it are long gone.
A good friend had a Volvo truck dealership when automatic transmissions were first coming out, then self-driving and now electric. He always thought if isn't broken, don't fix it. Things have a way of working when it's left to a competative capitalist environment.

He passed away this pass weekend and was a member of our round table. Great guy and taught me a lot. I'll miss him.

Just because you can.....

Are new challengers still being built in the factory as 2024 models? Looks like that flyer is promoting the 2015+ challenger.

So you're mad as a Hornet about the special offer?

I was going to new-car car shows as a hobby, since I have been going to New car shows since I was about six.
Seeing the trucks offered at the shows, 65-75,000$, (this was about ten years ago) I decided I was never gonna spend anywhere near that for a PICKUP TRUCK! So, I bought an exceptionally well maintained used diesel pickup (owner of the truck owned the auto shop where it was maintained, my best friend worked for him).
Then I found that Mopar still sold stripper diesel pickups for around $40k I wish i would have bought one then!
IF Mopar still builds stripper Cummins pickups, I'll bet THEY are 70k now, and I probably wouldn't want one anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back