• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what happened to SP today. :-(

Thank you for the question. When we went to the shop, the guy running the lathe said they were harder than ........ So, they were not an easy job to do. I will ask that of the Tech at ProForm when I speak to him this afternoon. Good Point. Best to you all, B.

OK folks, just off the phone with Denny at Proform on the issue above. First, again Thank You to those who provided coaching. He asked that I have a look at the top of the rockers to tell him what I saw. I said, Blue Anodized. He said that I got an old set that was sent to me and some of those old sets had incorrect Rocker Adjuster Studs. The New Rockers have the Proform Logo stamped on the top. The rockers I ordered from Summit. His position was that those "old ones" were supposed to be removed from the market and only new ones with the Logo and new Adjuster Studs shipped. Someone did not get the memo, I guess, but who knows.

Anyway, I told him that we turned the oversized ones down and he said, "We will send you 16 new ones, do not use those that you turned down as they may have lost their "temper". So, hsorman, and Don, you are Fully Correct.

This has been an adventure. One I prefer to not have had to go through. Lots of questions going through my mind. Wonder Why he did not ask the Logo question when I told him one push rod broke and on and on!! GRRRRRRR. Best to you all, Brian

Getting closer Brian it just seems like your engine builder could be more help here?

Getting closer Brian it just seems like your engine builder could be more help here?
Don, you can bet your a** we will be measuring EVERYTHING to the Nth degree before we fire it back up again. Thank you for the kind words. Best, Brian

Don, you can bet your a** we will be measuring EVERYTHING to the Nth degree before we fire it back up again. Thank you for the kind words. Best, Brian
Looks like you are getting there - so hopefully it will all come together shortly.

Good Luck!

Hawk

Looks like you are getting there - so hopefully it will all come together shortly.

Good Luck!

Hawk
Hawk, Thank you for your coaching and I appreciate all of the folks that have shown interest in the project and being willing to help. This aint no $100K turn it over to whoever build. It was done, for the most part, right here in the garage with the help of some REALLy fine friends. I have a Father In Law who bought this car as a DEMO way back in 67 that is pleased as punch about the car. That I see as, PRICELESS. Best, B.

OK folks, just off the phone with Denny at Proform on the issue above. First, again Thank You to those who provided coaching. He asked that I have a look at the top of the rockers to tell him what I saw. I said, Blue Anodized. He said that I got an old set that was sent to me and some of those old sets had incorrect Rocker Adjuster Studs. The New Rockers have the Proform Logo stamped on the top. The rockers I ordered from Summit. His position was that those "old ones" were supposed to be removed from the market and only new ones with the Logo and new Adjuster Studs shipped. Someone did not get the memo, I guess, but who knows.

Anyway, I told him that we turned the oversized ones down and he said, "We will send you 16 new ones, do not use those that you turned down as they may have lost their "temper". So, hsorman, and Don, you are Fully Correct.

This has been an adventure. One I prefer to not have had to go through. Lots of questions going through my mind. Wonder Why he did not ask the Logo question when I told him one push rod broke and on and on!! GRRRRRRR. Best to you all, Brian
How long ago have they been pulled off the market? He may not have even thought about them if it's been awhile ago.....and when did you buy them from Summit? Still, whenever I hear that brand name, I have a tendency to avoid the product.

Cranky, I do not know how long ago they pulled the bad ones off. Did not ask that question. I bought them from Summit on March 17, 2020. They were installed likely in May ish??? Best, B.

Cranky, I do not know how long ago they pulled the bad ones off. Did not ask that question. I bought them from Summit on March 17, 2020. They were installed likely in May ish??? Best, B.
Cranky, I get your point. Perhaps the recall started on March 20. That could be the case, I just do not know. B.

Evening Team FBBO. So, here is the next step. Perform sent 16 new Adjuster Stud Rods. This morning, after a bit of Tea and a Diet Pepsi, I measured the new ones and there are the measurements. So, as you can see, there is some variation. Now disclaimer, I am not a Professional at this, but it does not seem to be Rocket Science. In short, I may be 1 to 2 Thousands off, but you get the point. More in a bit.
upload_2021-2-5_18-10-18.jpeg

If you look at Numbers 13 you can see by naked eye that it is too big. Others have big measurements because, look closely, there are more rings than around Uranus. I am glad we have now 32 from which to choose. Best to the team. Brian
upload_2021-2-5_18-14-52.jpeg

Catch up time. Today it got to 58 here in KC. Tomorrow even warmer. Hurrrrray!. Snow melting. So, the engine builder came over on Sunday. We installed the New Push Rods and found that 9 out of the 16 "adjuster stud rods" were within spec to fit the Push Rods. Fortunately, we needed 8 new ones to replace the old bad ones, so we could put the valve train back together. It fired right up, so we are now ready for TESTING again. Will let you know how this adventure goes guys. Fingers Crossed. Best, B.

Auto Transport Service
Back