• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look What I Found.. Under 45 years of Grime

I lightly sandblasted the surface rust on the AC lines under my hood and then sprayed them with rust converter.

Only the areas that were rusted enough to not get completely removed by the sand blast turned black- they were typically specs less than 1/8th of an inch.

The rest of the lines appear to be bare metal, as they should be.

Has held up since 2015.

Boeshield T9......NOS Drums that had surface rust and dipped in evaporust..

0B7DC0A9-37AF-4F76-8867-EF0D9CD97A8A.jpeg
4FE77CD5-29B4-4308-8201-3E16C5C22228.jpeg

Looks good. I need to experiment with some other rusty parts and determine what will work best for me. Thanks to all of you for the recommendations.

Some more paint marks I found today while cleaning. More clarity on the painted numbers and a yellow dab on axle tube drivers side. Found grey paint marks on rear stabilizer bar on both sides. Checked front and found grey paint runs over black on passenger side and grey paint/red on drivers front drivers side.

Rear Axle Tube Marks 1 Drvr (Medium).jpg Stabilizer rear Left Drvr (Medium).jpg Stabilizer rear Right (Medium).jpg Stabilizer front Right 4 (Medium).jpg Stabilizer front Left Drvr 2 (Medium).jpg

Cleaning up the parts while I'm doing the brakes on my 74 Rallye 360 Charger. I've owned the car for 30 years. I decided to make the car a great cruiser.. it's been off the road 10+ years. No rust at all. As I was cleaning the brake drums and rear axle, I found painted numbers and paint markings. I was going to clean the dirt and grime off the housing and paint it black. Now that I'm finding original markings, they'll be gone if I paint over them. This isn't a restoration, just a clean up and paint. The brake drums must be original as they have the green paint markings and the pentastar and part number on them. Any suggestions as to what I should do?
See photos. The front disc brake shields cleaned up like new. Everything is cleaning up great. Thanks.
Terry

View attachment 856845 View attachment 856846 View attachment 856847 View attachment 856848

I’ve used evaporust. It dissolves the rust, without removing the paint. Plus you can buy it in larger sizes. I bought a 2-gallon bucket of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back