• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a few folks

Thanks for the motivation! Read this earlier and that was it, had to dig mine out of storage. First time out this year. Felt good to run it down the road!

This one is a 4 dr conversion. Owned the car for a long time and finally couldn't stand it anymore and had to convert it. Still needs some door adjusting, headliner, new seat covers and some finishing touches. Never be a show car, but sure is interesting how much attention it gets since the conversion.

View attachment 955103 View attachment 955105 View attachment 955108
What a great job the ride looks great. I bet it felt great to run her down the road. Keep us up dated as you move ahead.

Since the corona we've been real busy at work (thank god), and threw a wrench in getting things done on the car. But its starting to level out and last week I got the spring perches, ends, and disc brake kit for my 9 inch. That'll be getting done in the next week or 2. The machine work on the block is done and pistons were ordered, should have a short block finished real soon too.

My apologies for jumping in on this Dodge post as I have a '63 Plymouth vert. I've been hunting on and off for some years for the rear interior panels for the vert with the arm rests and they look similar to the Dodge. A long shot; but in case anyone knows of where they could be found or good potential sources, great to hear. Thanks.

A little eye candy... The car itself is buried and needs paint. 64 330 clone in Ivory with fawn interior.
F72BCC29-D791-4533-AAE8-94329F3DBA76.jpeg

If any of you guys have the original or correctly reproduced non Polara 500 interior in your car could you post up some pics for me please? I'd like to confirm what left the factory in '64.

Here's what I have in my convertible and I know that it differs from hardtop models, especially in the back. I believe that the stainless steel trim on my front door panels is OEM but I believe the vinyl on the door panels was replaced by a previous owner. I only have one piece of stainless trim on each front door panel, is this correct?

I do have the correct front bench seat and the rear seat for my car, but both have been recovered and the original material is long gone. The new pic I posted came from the internet and it's what I think my interior should like like. [My car has the H4R fender tag code]. Thanks!

View attachment 954982 View attachment 954983 View attachment 954984 View attachment 954985
Steve, the Polara 500 front door upper trim formed a rectangle ( 4 sided with a "Fratzog") the base Polara is what you posted. I also have a lower piece of trim on mine that runs the whole length front to back on the front door panel. If you need them ,I have some . Let me know. You can see the lower piece in Glenwood's photo. Also the Polara 500 rear seat back is different then the one you posted ( at least it is for hardtops) It has raised section on both sides where your back would rest and in the middle there is a Polara 500 Medillion.

Last edited:
Getting ready to paint the top. The car is a 2 tone, off white on lower and roof is fire engine red, and red interior. Originally a 361 car, made into a MW everything is 1964 technology except the cam and pertronix.

20200110_165033.jpg 20170320_223042.jpg

Steve, the Polara 500 front door upper trim formed a rectangle ( 4 sided with a "Fratzog") the base Polara is what you posted. I also have a lower piece of trim on mine that runs the whole length front to back on the front door panel. If you need them ,I have some . Let me know. You can see the lower piece in Glenwood's photo. Also the Polara 500 rear seat back is different then the one you posted ( at least it is for hardtops) It has raised section on both sides where your back would rest and in the middle there is a Polara 500 Medillion.

Thanks Dan! PM Sent

As far as tire size go, my rears are old school L60 15 and front are 8.00 15.
The tires in the overall pic of the car are just 225 70 14 something to roll around in the shop.

20170805_124257.jpg

As far as tire size go, my rears are old school L60 15 and front are 8.00 15.
The tires in the overall pic of the car are just 225 70 14 something to roll around in the shop.

View attachment 955460

You’re pretty close to the height of the optional 9.00-14s that came on the maxies and A990 cars (although a lot fatter!). Would love to see a full side shot if you have one.

Great looking beast it will make for a great before and after pics. Give us some details of what you going to do. Thanks bearman

Great looking beast it will make for a great before and after pics. Give us some details of what you going to do. Thanks bearman

Thank you, and for right now get the top painted, and reassemble the trim and bumpers. Interior is in really good shape one tear in front bench on driver side. I will change carpet out to freshen it up, and then drive it before moving on to next car.

Thank you, and for right now get the top painted, and reassemble the trim and bumpers. Interior is in really good shape one tear in front bench on driver side. I will change carpet out to freshen it up, and then drive it before moving on to next car.
Hope your keeping the 64. It really is a great looking ride.

Auto Transport Service
Back