• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a few folks

Hope your keeping the 64. It really is a great looking ride.

Thanks, I want to get it done and have a little fun with it. I've had the car for 25 yrs..back in the day it was how fast can I go. Now its still fun to go quick, but my tastes are starting to change a bit.. maybe leaning towards more of a nice cruiser. We shall see

Finally finished the interior. Huge project since m y wife had to teach me how to use a sewing machine. Currently working on paint. I painted the top and the inside of the scoop first just to make it easier on myself... I hate standing on a ladder to paint so I figured I might just as well get that part over with. Doing cut and buff now. I'll paint the rest of the body when the temps are a little lower. 90+ degrees s a little too warm for my taste when it comes to painting in my car port.

IMG_6409mod.JPG
IMG_6481a.JPG IMG_6480a.JPG IMG_6478a.JPG

The tires in the overall pic of the car are just 225 70 14 something to roll around in the shop.

Am I crazy to think the 225s look good? I’m leaning towards narrow tires but the big block is just going to incinerate them lol

Am I crazy to think the 225s look good? I’m leaning towards narrow tires but the big block is just going to incinerate them lol

They look not too bad, but yes its a handful when you are doing about 40 mph and give it half throttle...hang on it gets squirrely real fast, and thats with a fresh sure grip and 3.55 gears. Even with the L60s its better , but you have to respect it

They look not too bad, but yes its a handful when you are doing about 40 mph and give it half throttle...hang on it gets squirrely real fast, and thats with a fresh sure grip and 3.55 gears. Even with the L60s its better , but you have to respect it
Sounds like fun I remember my first 64 had n50x15 on the rear. That was the fattest tire I could get on it. I could make smoke whenever I wanted. Today's tires size makes those tires really small.

Time to do a mini tub

I am trying, as hard as possible, to keep this project from snowballing. The trunk floor and surrounding metal is all in good shape so no mini tubs. It seems like these cars can easily swallow a 275/60r15 rear. My axle is not a 64 (later housing/axle style), so assuming backspace is not an issue I’ll probably match the rears with like a 235/70r15 (same height as the 275/60s).

I think you can get the 295 on the back without cutting etc. Preachr has a 64 and I do believe that is what he runs outback. But maybe he can confirm that.

Finally finished the interior. Huge project since m y wife had to teach me how to use a sewing machine. Currently working on paint. I painted the top and the inside of the scoop first just to make it easier on myself... I hate standing on a ladder to paint so I figured I might just as well get that part over with. Doing cut and buff now. I'll paint the rest of the body when the temps are a little lower. 90+ degrees s a little too warm for my taste when it comes to painting in my car port.

View attachment 956266 View attachment 956275 View attachment 956276 View attachment 956277
Centerline, your ride is looking great. I'm sure if you need more practice at sewing I think of few of us would get in line lol. The interior is a master piece so I know that by the time your done the whole car will be great work.

I am trying, as hard as possible, to keep this project from snowballing. The trunk floor and surrounding metal is all in good shape so no mini tubs. It seems like these cars can easily swallow a 275/60r15 rear. My axle is not a 64 (later housing/axle style), so assuming backspace is not an issue I’ll probably match the rears with like a 235/70r15 (same height as the 275/60s).
Montclaire, do you have any other rear suspension upgrades. Your going to need more than tires to keep the rear end planted on the ground.

I recently picked this up from a fellow member after selling my 69 RR. I can't take any credit for the work done to the car, but it is gorgeous!!!! Spent some time over the past couple of weeks tuning and tweaking and she runs like a beast.

330 Engine.jpg 64 330.jpg

Montclaire, do you have any other rear suspension upgrades. Your going to need more than tires to keep the rear end planted on the ground.

Bear, I have SS springs and reinforcement plates where the spring mounts attach. The car is also frame tied.

Auto Transport Service
Back