• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a source for Unibody Front End Lifting Tool

I already own that dolly, perfect!

Nice, it has worked well for me so far. I put a piece of 3/8" plywood down before putting the engine and k-frame down. You may consider drilling a hole where the drain plug will go to provide a relief for that. Once the whole setup is on the dolly, it is not easy to move, but it does roll pretty well. The concrete in my garage has some cracks and some unevenness and I'm still able to move it around, albeit carefully and very slowly.

Be careful to avoid stressing the smaller wheels towards the 'handle', they are nowhere near as robust as the main 8" wheels.

To update my earlier suggestion, I'm not sure I'd recommend the Cosco dolly. Mine had a bit of an accident when trying to get the engine back in the car. I don't think it was user error, as I wasn't moving it when it happened, but the back wheels gave out and left me with a bit of a mess trying to recover the situation.

F3DA3016-53AF-4B5D-AF78-4AEC3F741A8D_1_105_c.jpeg

To update my earlier suggestion, I'm not sure I'd recommend the Cosco dolly. Mine had a bit of an accident when trying to get the engine back in the car. I don't think it was user error, as I wasn't moving it when it happened, but the back wheels gave out and left me with a bit of a mess trying to recover the situation.

View attachment 974880
Nothing damaged too badly I hope.
Geez, hope nobody died in that train wreck, that's bag of suck right there.

Nothing damaged too badly I hope.
Geez, hope nobody died in that train wreck, that's bag of suck right there.

luckily nothing was damaged, but it did take me a while to extract the dolly from under the car. To its credit it did fail gradually ;). I put a jack underneath the dolly to lift it up to try and get the engine back into position but wasn’t able to get it close enough to start the bolts.

I ended up removing the front suspension, installing the trans crossmember and putting jack stands under the rear k-member mounts and was able to get the dolly out from under the car. Good final result, but it wore me out, that’s for sure!

View attachment 974880
Thanks for updating everyone. I had chosen to build a dolly and not jeopardize the Costco unit.

Auto Transport Service
Back