• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a turn signal assembly for a 1976 Sport Fury

Ariana

Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
So, it has come to my attention that my Sport Fury has no brake lights. The turn signals and tail lights work just fine, but the brake lights and the hazards don't. Does anyone know where I can get a new assembly?

Rock Auto has 2. WVE1S2985 and TW7 around 80 to 90 bucks.
Look under 1976 Dodge Coronet. Same as your Plymouth.

Rock Auto has 2. WVE1S2985 and TW7 around 80 to 90 bucks.
Look under 1976 Dodge Coronet. Same as your Plymouth.
The two part numbers listed at Rock Auto are Chinese knockoffs. They have an extra three-prong connector, and the main plug is so poorly machined it will not attach to the stock harness. We've tried three of these (You can get them on ebay for $30), and all of them malfunctioned. We'll check with Murray Park; we've dealt with them before. Has anybody made the Chinese assemblies work? If so, how? Is there a wiring workaround? So the brake lights will come on? My turn signals work fine, and the front flashers work. I have fender indicator lights, cruise control, and the proper four-wire switch at the brake pedal. I tested the brake pedal switch, and it's fine. Thanks all!

Well, since I couldn't come up with a new old stock turn signal assembly (cruise control and cornering lights on the fender may have complicated the search), I bypassed the four-wire brake light switch at the pedal, looping the power plug back to itself to keep the turn signals working. I then ran a new wire out to the rear bumper, and attached square LED trailer brake lights. I then provided the brake light switch power by tapping into the power trunk circuit. No cutting, no hacking! Most importantly, nobody will rear-end me :)

So, it has come to my attention that my Sport Fury has no brake lights. The turn signals and tail lights work just fine, but the brake lights and the hazards don't. Does anyone know where I can get a new assembly?
I have one out of a 1976 cordoba, hell I have the whole steering column.

The two part numbers listed at Rock Auto are Chinese knockoffs. They have an extra three-prong connector, and the main plug is so poorly machined it will not attach to the stock harness. We've tried three of these (You can get them on ebay for $30), and all of them malfunctioned. We'll check with Murray Park; we've dealt with them before. Has anybody made the Chinese assemblies work?
Yes, not on my car but a friend of mine. With just the exception one of the wires was incorrectly riveted to the switch assembly, which made to turn around couple of wires at the plug, once corrected the issue, it worked.

It took us around 2 hours to check why it wasn't working initially ( via Whassap, because he was living in another city ). At the end we dedided to trace wire by wire an original one I had in hands with the new one he got untill we found the issue. It wasn't a generic failure because looking at the web pics of the Chinese repros they were correctly set, but just the unit he got was with the reversed wires at the switch ( not at the plug ).

Sure these Chinese replacements won't last long the same, but my friend got fixed his car at least up to the next time.

Auto Transport Service
Back