• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for ideas for better looking heater and ac hoses.

70ChargerRT

Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
The more I look at my black rubber AC and heater hoses and anything else similar the more I hate them, (I plan on doing something different with that yellow battery also lol) I’m in the process of redoing my AC compressor because my brother hooked it up wrong by top mounting it and not lining it up with my dual alt pulley but I went with it for a little while but now I’m redoing it so I was thinking steel braided but that may be too flashy for my engine bay and maybe try some black steel braided hoses. I was looking at some compression type AC fitting because they look cleaner than crimp fittings but do they work? Whatever I use rather crimp or compression type I’ll have to cut to length and make my own. Here’s a pic of how it was mounted and now I’m laying the fittings of the compressor on the sides and moving the ac compressor out so I can run 2 belts on the alternator like the second picture. I’m just looking for ideas and suggestions and im not interested in swapping the the ac compressor in lieu of the alternator. If anything I might would mount my alternator lower now that I don’t have a fuel pump on the block.

0CF2FCD9-6CAF-4DFD-AAF5-431B6B499CDD.jpeg

5CFD0A7D-3DDC-4548-A864-A75843712A0E.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back