• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for this 70 Road Runner Convertible

MCTphoenix

Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Last seen at a Mopar car show in Eisenhower Park, Long Island, NY in the mid 80's. Believed to be the one my uncle purchased new from Kings Chrysler Plymouth in Brooklyn, NY. If I can't find this one I'm still in the market for one... Thanks

70RRwhiteNY.jpg

Help us help you, tell us anything you know about it, maybe you don't remember, but we don't know anything more than one photo shows.

I see a bench seat interior, drivers remote mirror and L31 hood turn signals.

what color is the interior?
What transmission?
Does it have A passenger door mirror?
Does it have disc brakes or power brakes?
What options.

Help us help you, tell us anything you know about it, maybe you don't remember, but we don't know anything more than one photo shows.

I see a bench seat interior, drivers remote mirror and L31 hood turn signals.

what color is the interior?
What transmission?
Does it have A passenger door mirror?
Does it have disc brakes or power brakes?
What options

As a kid, I remember it white with a black bench interior. It had wheelcovers, some were missing. It was pretty plain. Had no hood or other stripes. I don't remember exhaust tips either, just turn downs. The car was a little beat up from living in New York City but I don't recall rust. It was garaged and only driven to the beach on weekends. He sold it around 1982 and it was the last car he ever owned. He still lives in the City. Is almost 84 and getting a little nostalgic. We tried a motor vehicle search based on his driver's license and registration history but NY replied it's too long ago and has long since been purged. He doesn't have a vin #. The car in the photo is thought to be his since it was a couple years after he sold his and has obviously fresh paint (only exterior) and is wearing a new cheap set of mags and parts store stripe. The pic is on Long Island, about 30 miles from where he lived and sold the car. I can't imagine another white RR convert being in the area.

Took this picture of a white one at Chrysler Carlisle in 2006 or 2007 in Pennsylvania. It was in the manufacturer's midway. Vendor was selling Keisler overdrive systems for Mopars. Guess that means overdrive had been added to this car. No side dust trail stripe. Wonder if it's the same car. If so, perhaps it could be that Keisler has some record of it.
1710699785879.png

Last edited:
Took this picture of a white one at Chrysler Carlisle in 2006 or 2007. It was in the manufacturer's midway. Vendor was selling Keisler overdrive systems for Mopars. Guess that means overdrive had been added to this car. No side dust trail stripe. Wonder if it's the same car. If so, perhaps it could be that Keisler has some record of it.
View attachment 1629914

I wonder if that's the car attached here with a red bench interior and allegedly a Hemi?

road-runner-hemi-conv.jpg

Nothing rare or exclusive about a white 1970 RR
Convert with a black bemch interior. White was a standard available color with no restrictions. The bench interior was standard.

So without a VIN there's not really any way of knowing if one of these is the car or not. Other than a fender tag, broadcast sheet or window sticker with 383, auto, white paint, black bench interior. People change colors and options all the time.

Last edited:
Nothing rare or exclusive about a white 1970 RR
Convert with a black bemch interior. White was a standard available color with no restrictions. The bemch interior was standard.

So without a VIN there's not really any way of knowing if one of these is the car or not. Other than a fender tag, broadcast sheet or window sticker with 383, auto, white paint, black bench interior. People change colors and options all the time.

Yeah I know. Key would be finding someone who remembered the car or buying the car. How many white 383 bench seat Roadrunner converts could've been sold new at one dealership in Brooklyn? If I could find a car, I could get the shipping info and see what dealership couldn't I?

Yeah I know. Key would be finding someone who remembered the car or buying the car. How many white 383 bench seat Roadrunner converts could've been sold new at one dealership in Brooklyn? If I could find a car, I could get the shipping info and see what dealership couldn't I?
Have you been to the dealership? Do they still exist?

The dealership that sold my GTX new still had all the paperwork stored in the attic.

How is the current owner gonna know it was sold in Brooklyn?

The only shipping info is on the window sticker. The VIN, broadcast sheet or fender tag won't say

How is the current owner gonna know it was sold in Brooklyn?

The only shipping info is on the window sticker. The VIN, broadcast sheet or fender tag won't say
I don't believe a current owner would. Years ago I had my 70 and 69 Charger registered with Galen Govier and he knew where the cars we sold new. I assumed if I found a white ragtop and checked a vin # with him or wise they'd know where it was sold

There were two 70 Road Runner convertible project cars for sale in Connecticut. I saw them on Craigslist about a year ago. One was blue and the other was painted orange, but I think that it was a different color from the factory. Both were rough, but reasonable as far as the asking prices go.

There were two 70 Road Runner convertible project cars for sale in Connecticut. I saw them on Craigslist about a year ago. One was blue and the other was painted orange, but I think that it was a different color from the factory. Both were rough, but reasonable as far as the asking prices go.
Orange one was an eBay rat box that came up for sale again once the new owner realized what he got himself into . LoL

Orange one was an eBay rat box that came up for sale again once the new owner realized what he got himself into . LoL
The orange one was another color from the factory. I remember seeing it throughout the car in the pictures. I can't remember,but it might have been white. The cars were in Middletown Connecticut. My car was pretty rough too. I sold it and bought storage lifts for the garage with the funds.

20220925_200214.jpg

The orange one was another color from the factory. I remember seeing it throughout the car in the pictures. I can't remember,but it might have been white. The cars were in Middletown Connecticut. My car was pretty rough too. I sold it and bought storage lifts for the garage with the funds.

View attachment 1630775

I see your 70 Charger's have the G36 painted racing mirror option. Must be late build. My 70 RT/SE came with those

Mine is July 10th too. Mine is a V code 440 Sixpack car. That's a great looking R/T SE! My parents bought an R/T SE new in 1970 there car was triple green.

20210925_145203.jpg

moms Charger.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back