• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like another one down!

bobtile

Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Atco raceway in South Jersey looks to be headed down the same path as Etown.
This really sucks.

Screenshot_20200623-120951_Facebook.jpg

Start at approximately 29 minute mark.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Atco is farther then Lebanon Valley, But the fastest times are ran at ATCO!

WTF!!!! They will throw the book at you if you do ANY SORT of street racing, yet they keep closing down the only places that it is allowed!!!!

OK lets all chip in and buy some farm land up by me
(65 miles North of NYC) and open up a new race park.
I can see it now...….
2 two lane 1/4 mile strips.(so 4 guys can run test and tune at same time)
2 lane 1/8 miles strip.
a large auto cross track.
and a kids go cart track, with one JR drag strip set up.

Very sad news indeed. I just checked and it seems that Island Dragway in Great Meadows is still running, at least somewhat. I know that you would know more than me about it bobtile. Anything new about that strip??

Very sad news indeed. I just checked and it seems that Island Dragway in Great Meadows is still running, at least somewhat. I know that you would know more than me about it bobtile. Anything new about that strip??
Island is 15 minutes from my house.
Fortunately, somehow they're still operating.
Although they do have financial problems.

June 24, 2020

Atco Dragway Racers, Family/Crew Members & Fans:

We’ve been receiving a lot of questions & comments over the past 2 days. We are writing this to try & clear up any misinformation.

WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS. We will be racing this weekend, June 27 & 28, and then will start with our revised 2020 schedule for the remainder of the season (starts July 10 & goes through November). Our revised 2020 schedule is available at our website, www.atcodragway.rocks.

Just a reminder, due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), there’s NO GENERAL PUBLIC SPECTATORS. We are still limiting admission to racers & crew members. We will make an announcement when we are allowed to open again to the general public.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, you can call (856) 768-2167, email [email protected] or message social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).

I do not think the town will allow such use just like E/town. We can only hope and pray..........
Been trying to obtain property on Long Island for a Race facility.

Atco raceway in South Jersey looks to be headed down the same path as Etown.
This really sucks.

View attachment 966501
I've watched "ALL OUT" racing and Atco is one of the tracks several of the shows covered.
Really "different" folks vs those I encounter in Louisiana and Mississippi, but likeable and they REALLY get into it, car owners and fans alike, REAL AMERICANS, and that may be why they're being targeted...

I think it was last year that just their Electric Bill went up something ridiculous...like 500% or more......and that hurt operating on a shoestring budget. Get out and give these small tracks some business or they will be gone forever.

Auto Transport Service
Back