• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looky what i found

WP29440SE

Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
looky what i found. a possible deal in the makings. 2nd owner car..2900 bucks

After many years I've decided to part with my Charger. the car is a 1977 Dodge Charger Daytona. It's equipped with the top engine, the 400 4-barrel. I haven't been able to find much information on the car, but I've seen references to only about 1500 Daytonas built for '77 and only 150 or so equipped with the big block 400. I've never been able to verify that, but I will say that I've only seen ONE other Charger Daytona in the flesh and it was equipped with a 360. This car is ALL ORIGINAL and numbers matching including the engine, transmission and rear axle. The only original part not with the car is the original radio. I installed a Pioneer Cassette player many years ago. I kept the original radio, but am having some trouble locating it. It still has it's original Rallye wheels, center caps and trim rings. It runs GREAT and drives fine. The car sat for about 11 years and I recently had the tank and fuel system cleaned out along with rebuilding the carburetor. I've rebuilt most of the brake system to include a new booster and master cylinder and the ENTIRE rear brake system. The front brakes are in good shape and work fine. I have the original window sticker along with LOTS of documentation dating back many years.

Attachments

• 77day.jpg
    77day.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 821
  • 77day1.jpg
    77day1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 806
  • 77day2.jpg
    77day2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 774
  • 77day3.jpg
    77day3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 788
Man that's neato. I hope it works out. What all made it a Daytona? I know by that late, stuff was mostly sripes and paint and stuff, but I ain't familiar with them. That's cool.

Man that's neato. I hope it works out. What all made it a Daytona? I know by that late, stuff was mostly sripes and paint and stuff, but I ain't familiar with them. That's cool.

yea its mostly the paint treatment and the rallyes. but a big block is hard to come by . the bastard of all chargers but a rare car none-the-less. im talking with the guy so maybe i can save it . original window sticker? sign me up LOL

I kinda like that body style. Always have. Kinda a luxo poontangmobile...if you will.

One of my old buds had a two tone red one with a 360.
15" rallyes, leather buckets, console shift, tuff wheel, pw, cruise.
Nice car.

Ive seen pics of the inside of these cars, i do like the looks of them and i never road in one but i would bet they ride good! Some flow master exhaust, That would look great (TO ME) with a metallic deep black cherry color, and i cant help but say with me, id would like to see one with a white vinyl top to go with the color.. NO hate mail, its not that im partial to red but i can picture that with what i think would be an amazingly cool looking especially with the old chrome reverse wheels and some kind of hood scoop, being original most would, i imagine anyway want it left original, im just the nut that would have to do it my way, and i didn't say it but white interior with some black assents in with it.. JMO only! Good luck and hope you can manage it.. :headbang:

Nice find! If the interior is in decent shape then it looks like you found a winner. Being a 400 I wonder if it has the lean burn too.

Yes, these cars do ride nice. The main differences with the Cordoba was the Charger had stiffer rear springs and the 9 1/4 rear end was optional. Also, the Cordoba had the 400 as standard and could get the smaller engines as a cash back option. The Charger had the 318 standard and the bigger ones were extra. I guess that is why it is rare to find a 400 Charger. Otherwise, these cars share a lot in common with 1973-74 B's so they probably drive about the same.

Here is the specs on the Daytona option:
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com...ealershipDataBook/1977/77_Charger_SE_0014.jpg

Hope you get it!

This is the one my bud had.

Attachments

• l-0xpxfr9v83wpca.jpg
    l-0xpxfr9v83wpca.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 551
I had a 76 Cordoba Rallye Red w/white leather interior and all the bells and whistles. Best car I ever owned,had for 10 plus years till road salt ate it away.

You LIKE them dont you?
COOL!

LOL , someone has to love them , they are the redheaded milkmans stepchild in the B Body world . this is one that i would nut and bolt restore. the guy has the original window sticker and 20 years of documentation, and a big block car to boot ! its hard to tell, but i think this is going to be the silver/black two tone in the last pic lower/right third in on the color chart

Attachments

• aaa0_12.jpg
    aaa0_12.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 488
  • et11.jpg
    et11.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 526
  • et16.jpg
    et16.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 543
I've seen several blue ones and several red ones.

I don't recall seeing a black/silver one, and I know I have NEVER seen a yellow/gold one.

Anyone else?

I think you're color blind. It looks like the blue one to me....although faded for sure.

I've seen several blue ones and several red ones.

I don't recall seeing a black/silver one, and I know I have NEVER seen a yellow/gold one.

Anyone else?

ive never seen a red 2 tone, and ive certianly never seen yellow/ gold combo. the blue must have been the most popular.

I think you're color blind. It looks like the blue one to me....although faded for sure.

you are probably right Rob, my eyes certianly arent what they used to be. we've been exchanging E mails and hopefully we are on the verge of a deal , problem is, the car is 200 miles from me. i will ask him if this is blue or silver , id like to know for sure myself.

Last edited:
Silver with blue stripes

Looky up there ^^^^ in the color chart. That ain't a option. It was blue and blue. The sides are blue for sure, but look at the top side of the REAR of the right quarter panel. There's a little blue left. Not much, but a little.

Auto Transport Service
Back