• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower control arm question

Jim Milburn

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner. Just took the k member out to paint and noticed left side lower control arm is bent.
2 questions….
can it be bent back?
if not what is the difference between 62-69, I see a lot of 62-69 b bodies ones for sale, and also see some specifically for 67,68,69. What do I need?

thank you

62C7A023-B059-4F54-9CF5-CDFFC047BDA4.jpeg

A87EB71F-E853-41D9-BA7A-6B6DF1819878.jpeg

I believe 62-72 is the same. (sway bar) tab ones, are different because the location of the sway bar tabs. You should look for 68 or 69 B body units.

Man. That took a heck of a hit. How does the strut rod look?

I'd get another for sure. Save the sway bar tab and weld it to any 62-72 B or any E body lower.
Doug

Your lower control arms with those sway bar tabs on them are for 1966-69 B body cars.
Lower control arms without tabs on them will be used on 1962-72 cars.
You can try and surgically remove the tab on the bent LCA and re weld it onto a non sway bar tabbed LCA.
But believe me, it's quite tedious in trying to surgically cut the welds on one of those tabs.
But reproduction tabs are available from a few aftermarket vendors, if you want to go that route with non sway bar LCA's.
A few options out there, for your consideration.

I had this bookmarked.
1966-69 B-Body Early Mopar Control Arm Bracket from Hotchkis Sport Suspension

Last edited:
Man. That took a heck of a hit. How does the strut rod look?
And you want to inspect the k-member at the strut-rod mount area on that side to see if that area is "cupped" on the k-member. If the car suffered an impact to the wheel bending the LCA, it could pull the strut rod back in its mounting area there. I've seen that before.

Your lower control arms with those sway bar tabs on them are for 1966-69 B body cars.
Lower control arms without tabs on them will be used on 1962-72 cars.
You can try and surgically remove the tab on the bent LCA and re weld it onto a non sway bar tabbed LCA.
But believe me, it's quite tedious in trying to surgically cut the welds on one of those tabs.
But reproduction tabs are available from a few aftermarket vendors, if you want to go that route with non sway bar LCA's.
A few options out there, for your consideration.

I had this bookmarked.
1966-69 B-Body Early Mopar Control Arm Bracket from Hotchkis Sport Suspension

Hopefully not hijacking the thread, but what changed in the design for sway bar LCAs for the 70 to 72 B bodies?

Since the arm is junk. I'd torch around the tab to remove it. Then cut the weld.
Doug

Hopefully not hijacking the thread, but what changed in the design for sway bar LCAs for the 70 to 72 B bodies?
Very simple question to answer.
On the 1970 to 72 cars, the sway bar mount tab is welded pretty much onto the center of the control arm.
The mount tab is a different design.
The 70-72 sway bar was essentially a different design.

Last edited:
Very simple question to answer.
On the 1970 to 72 cars, the sway bar mount tab is welded pretty much onto the center of the control arm.
The mount tab is a different design.
The 70-72 sway bar was essentially a different design.
Thanks! I guess if I had looked at pictures of my 71 LCAs I could’ve figured that out myself.

Auto Transport Service
Back