• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower cowl rust repair

Can the cowl be removed without disturbing the inner fenders? My rust is not too bad but I could find more problems once the cowl is off.
I probably saved it for the most part because I used to take the plastic screens off and was out the debris and rotted leaves at least one a year from about 1988 until the early 2000s.
I answered my own question
Got under the car on my lift and got pics of the cowl under the fenders and got the phone inside the cowl enough to get pics.
Yes I have a large project ahead of me in repairing this area. Seems like I best place to start

20210628_201831.jpg 20210628_201941.jpg 20210628_201956.jpg 20210628_202005.jpg 20210628_202607.jpg 20210628_202723.jpg 20210628_202840.jpg

Looks like an older B body. The 72 firewall and cowl is different. Same amount of work though. I wish there were as many new parts available for the gen 3s

For the record the donor cowl came from a Belvedere, would there not be a similar more common donor car for his 72? I got an entire Bel front clip for $250 rust free.

RGAZ

For the record the donor cowl came from a Belvedere, would there not be a similar more common donor car for his 72? I got an entire Bel front clip for $250 rust free.

RGAZ
From what I understand. 71 through 74 b bodies share the same roof skin floor pans and trunk floors. I would assume all 2 door models probably have the same fire wall. If that is true I could look at satellites as well.

I would let others confirm (I am not a 71+ expert), but many mopar cars are very similiar from the firewall forward between 2 and 4 door models. 4 door mopar parts are cheap compared to anything 2 door. Could provide some low-cost repair and patch panels? maybe.

I would let others confirm (I am not a 71+ expert), but many mopar cars are very similiar from the firewall forward between 2 and 4 door models. 4 door mopar parts are cheap compared to anything 2 door. Could provide some low-cost repair and patch panels? maybe.

I used a donor piece from a 72 4-door Satty to repair a section of my cowl/upper firewall area. Perfect fit.

20210922_132328-cr-sm.jpg

Strange story but I'll be short about it.
I got in contact with a 4th cousin that I never met before. He is almost finished restoration of a 72 charger and is selling me a parts car with almost all the metal I need.
I have learned quite a bit about the construction of the tub and have a good plan of attack.
It's going to be a winter project so I will post pics and updates as I go

I'm working on a 1972 charger that I have owned since I was 16. Now almost 48
The car is not rotted underneath but I have a few trouble spots aside from needing quarters that I already have.
The lower cowl is rotted where the duct connects under the dash.
I'm contemplating drilling the spot welds and removing the upper cowl which is in perfect condition. I not sure If I can do the repair from inside the body once the dash has been removed.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Classic Muscle Metal in Cleveland Georgia repaired mine along with replacing both rear quarter panels.

i have a firewall and most of a upper cowl for sale if you still need one.

i have a firewall and most of a upper cowl for sale if you still need one.
How much are you asking and where are you located?
I bought a second charger but I really don't want to cut it up because it is a pretty decent car.

I have a complete firewall, $350
80% of the upper cowl - minus the section that goes along the bottom of the windshield. $250
and a complete RH side A-pillar $350

which are you interested in. I will be taking pics this week end.
all pieces are detached and waiting.

I am in Massachusetts

I have a complete firewall, $350
80% of the upper cowl - minus the section that goes along the bottom of the windshield. $250
and a complete RH side A-pillar $350

which are you interested in. I will be taking pics this week end.
all pieces are detached and waiting.

I am in Massachusetts
Do you have a decent driver's side lower A pillar door jamb section?
My cowl is good except for the upper outside corner on both sides.
I am going to wait until I get my cowl off to decide if I can fab the firewall patch.
Can I see pictures of the cowl a A pillar section I'm looking for if you have that also.
Thanks

Do you have a decent driver's side lower A pillar door jamb section?
My cowl is good except for the upper outside corner on both sides.
I am going to wait until I get my cowl off to decide if I can fab the firewall patch.
Can I see pictures of the cowl a A pillar section I'm looking for if you have that also.
Thanks

The firewall has a section of the lower drivers/passengers A-pillar and the upper portion of the drivers/passengers outer cowl.
The firewall itself was damaged in shipping to me. As if a fork truck backed into it. It can be repaired easily.
These parts were difficult enough to find but shipping was stupid money.

What is your email?

The firewall has a section of the lower drivers/passengers A-pillar and the upper portion of the drivers/passengers outer cowl.
The firewall itself was damaged in shipping to me. As if a fork truck backed into it. It can be repaired easily.
These parts were difficult enough to find but shipping was stupid money.

What is your email?
[email protected]

Auto Transport Service
Back