• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lynch road plant

Worked right around the corner. Not the Motor City the Mopar City!

There are some pretty good indicators for build dates at Lynch Road. While not 100%, we have found patterns in the production of components.

What is your K-frame date? It is located right above the radiator yoke support facing forward. If you provide this along with your VIN, we can take an educated guess on your actual build date.

D
The numbers on K-frame that I can read are 3058 1.
My VIN is RH23F9A202661.
Can you tell when it was built?

My daily was built there. 383, starts everyday. It was 27 degrees this morning, and I made a quick trip to Shoprite. Snapped a pic.
7331F597-027B-42F3-9688-402D6D3CB976.jpeg

The numbers on K-frame that I can read are 3058 1.
My VIN is RH23F9A202661.
Can you tell when it was built?

Mario,

Other VIN we have around yours indicate a early January 1969 build, most likely the 6th or 7th. Your K frame date as you report it does not make sense as 3058 is October 31, 1968. Way too early. I am going to bet if you look at the date a little closer you will see it is actually 3658 (December 30, 1968) which makes complete sense with what we see for K frame versus SPD.

I hope this helps with your questions.

D

Mario,

Other VIN we have around yours indicate a early January 1969 build, most likely the 6th or 7th. Your K frame date as you report it does not make sense as 3058 is October 31, 1968. Way too early. I am going to bet if you look at the date a little closer you will see it is actually 3658 (December 30, 1968) which makes complete sense with what we see for K frame versus SPD.

D
3658 1 could be
Mario,

D

OK it's possible that you are right. I was unsure if it's a 3058-1 or a 3658-1.
I have the build date from Engine and transmission. Engine is beginning of October 68 and transmission is last day of September. Does that make sense to you?
But anyway, how did you get to that build date of my car?
Do you have some records that I can use for the German D.O.T.?
If I can not convince them that the car is build in the beginning of 1969, they will give me as date of build the 1st of July for standard.
The car has the black door pushbuttons.
Is there something known for how long these black buttons were used?
I need some official informations, otherwise they won't believe me.

Auto Transport Service
Back