• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M&H harness -smoking crack YEARONE?

...and you'll still need to buzz it out, etc.

they've almost dbl'd in price over the past 1-1/2 years of so

I was going to buy a 68-70 Plymouth RR
Under dash harness for non rally dash, w/tach
it was $489 IIRC some 10+ years ago
68 RR Gauge Cluster #1 July 2012.JPG

I thought that was nucken' futs

I wish I would have bought it now

I'm still torn on doing the gauge system I custom-made for it (below)

I have a Painless 20 blade 'fuse block
& relays' for 2 electric pumps & 2 fans
fuses for all kinds of extra accessories, if needed (that was like $229)
a while back still (2012 ?), need to do the rest of the harness
already fixed the rear harness, just minor stuff...

I had bought a new M&H engine/firewall forward harness
w/CEI added about the same time, worked great
don't remember the $$ price...

I'm dreading getting under the dash, not fun at all for a big guy
I don't want to remove the 55 y/o windshield to take the whole dash out
to do my gauges
I built the custom panel a while back (maybe (?) install it finally)
7 gauges 2 x 3-3/8" 160mph mech. Speedo & 8k RPM Tach
& 5 x 2-1/16" Autometer classic chrome bezels, LED warning & brights & blinkers
all gauges in angled pods oil press, water temp, volts, fuel,
clock or maybe vacuum instead,
cost was about $700+ when I org did it (like 2012 $$s)

I'm still not sure I want to do it
I like it & it fits the vibe or style of my build
just not sure

68 RR #1 Gauges Sep 12 2011.JPG

made a cool switch panel for all my stuff with relays too
68 RR Switches Electronics & aux. Relay Schmatics.JPG

you want to play you gotta pay that stuff ain't cheap

crazy priced now
especially from Year One

wait till you see the shipping cost too

Last edited:
I think it’s about $650 at Classic for M&H. But need to check for apples vs apples.

The alarming thing is where it says "discount exempt" now. The thing to do was sign up for emails, and wait till the 25% sale and get your M&H harness.

Maybe it's the supplier that's smoking crack and Year One are just adding their normal margin?

Wow that’s crazy. This post made me go and look up my order at Year One. I ordered my dash harness on 11/20/2020 after waiting for a discount to buy it. Paid $452.85. After taxes and shipping it was $505.29. I thought that was steep at the time…

If I made a comment... IT WOULD GO IMMEDIATELY INTO THE POLITICAL FORUM. But, we all know the reason. At least, those equipped with brains.

The M&H dash, engine and forward lighting harness I put in my 66 last year was generally find and good quality. Only glitch I had was the ring, ground connector for the front headlights had both crimps on the wire insulation. Of course the lights didn’t work and I had to really look close before I finally noticed that.

I spent over $400 2 years ago on
connectors, terminals, relays, etc.
for a custom made harness. I already
had the wire. All black except for the
pigtails on the relays. All wires were
tagged with circuit numbers.
20210130_091243.jpg20201218_144146-1.jpg
Had a friend help out with this, as I'm
terrible at wiring.
I thought the price for parts then
was high.

Last edited:
I bought one off a member on here for $500 shipped. I was more concerned about how long it would take to get one,after hearing $800 plus overpriced shipping costs, I'm glad that I grabbed it when I saw it for sale on here! I bet it's a grand shipped to your door!

Honestly in todays economy what hasn’t gone up? Same part for one of my Grasshoppers was $887 for the whole pump now 4 years later it’s over $1750!!! I ended up just buying the the front and back housings for $890 to repair mine…

There is a Man and his wife that comes down every year. They do wire harness. For Mopar's. Dave is his name and when he gets back down this year going to get his phone number. I like other ordered mine from year one. So glad I did my restore on the runner before covid. Seems like everything has doubled including sheet metal and other parts. Wirnig has never been cheap though. My next project car going to make sure it needs a lot less work than my Runner did.

Auto Transport Service
Back