• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M&H harness -smoking crack YEARONE?

I just bought a dash harness for my 66 off a facebook group Im in.

Guy sold the car before he got to use the wiring.
year one its $650,
I got it for $350 :bananadance:

Year One must have adopted a new policy of "screw the customer" ....there is no way it costs that much when you're all setup, have the market cornered, and you're pumping these looms out by the dozen every day.

There is an element of greed at play here.

Thanks goodness I have a vehicle which nobody makes a loom for ....I'll make my own from scratch. :thumbsup:

Year One must have adopted a new policy of "screw the customer" ....there is no way it costs that much when you're all setup, have the market cornered, and you're pumping these looms out by the dozen every day.

Thanks goodness I have a vehicle which nobody makes a loom for ....I'll make my own from scratch. :thumbsup:
Can you say monopoly?

How many circuits are there for a
'70's B-body with an oil Guage?

From what I've been through with a
custom build, creating your own
harness shouldn't be that difficult
given what the part numbers are
for the components needed to
duplicate what your existing harness
has. The wiring schematic for your
particular vehicle will be a hint as to
what's needed for connectors, relays,
fuses, and wire guages.
An FMTV army troop carrier has all
white wires.
My truck was wired (and everything
works), from scratch. You don't need
different colored wires to tell you
what that particular wire runs to.
All of my wires are black, tagged with
circuit numbers.
20210525_125532.jpg
1165938855.jpg

Last edited:
Year One must have adopted a new policy of "screw the customer"

Agreed. I recently got a discount coupon from them, so I thought it was a good time to order a 1970 R/T grille emblem for the Roach. The final price came out to be 48 bucks, but the shipping was going to be an additional 28 bucks! I got out of that and ordered it elsewhere.

I placed an order for 4 or 5 items with Year One last winter. My last order to them was probably 10 - 15 years ago. i think one item was in stock and delivered immediately. The rest just trickled in separately as they sourced them over the next 3 months. No more.

I bought a harness for a '68 Rallye dash on 5/28/2021. With the 30% discount at the time it was still $452. The retail price $646. Now just over 2 years later the retail price is $799.

I had a hard time paying the $452, but I needed it. For $799, I would never buy one.
I was going to make my own dash harness, but some of the plug housings that you need are not available anywhere. I called American Autowire since they have the plug housings in their harness kit. But, they will not sell just the plug housings. The guy told me that if they sold the plug housings separately, nobody would buy the entire harness kit.

I bought a harness for a '68 Rallye dash on 5/28/2021. With the 30% discount at the time it was still $452. The retail price $646. Now just over 2 years later the retail price is $799.

I had a hard time paying the $452, but I needed it. For $799, I would never buy one.
I was going to make my own dash harness, but some of the plug housings that you need are not available anywhere. I called American Autowire since they have the plug housings in their harness kit. But, they will not sell just the plug housings. The guy told me that if they sold the plug housings separately, nobody would buy the entire harness kit.
Try Waytek or Mouser for wiring
components.

also for supplies try MadElectrical.com - Mad Enterprises
Mad Enterprises,
the guy (Owner, I forget his name now) likes to talk
& knows MoPars their issues & bulkheads or the connectors
maybe even some supplies still
schematics (?)/instructions to bypass the Amp meter
go to Dc 12 volts metering etc.
haven't dealt with them in a while either

you can try www.wiringharness.com
M&H Electrical Fabricators directly too
they claim to sell exclusively to Year One !!
that's what was told to me
but you can see their harness on the webpage (or used to)
browse it, get some good info

Leer Electric in Sacramento Ca. sorry no link,
used to carry a bunch of that stuff too
(it was back in the late 80s to late 90's, I had a friend that used to work there)

On my 67 I bought a Painless 7 circuit, as well as the correct male/female Chrysler connectors, used the plastic connectors from my original harness. I had to add some additional wire, but no big deal.

My 62 I bought the $299 America Auto Wire harness. The amount of wire you get is worth the purchase price, and it comes with a modern fuse box, wires are labeled, etc. Same as my 67, used original connectors etc.

If you have your old harness with the plastic connectors a simple 7 circuit Painless or an AAW set up works.

Also, buy ground and positive hubs, and use the correct wire harness non-sticky tape.

Crappy pic while I was sorting out the AAW.

20220707_182602.jpg

I have M&H wiring on all my cars . All mine were bought by using the 30% off through Year One, when they used to offer the discounts. Still pricey, but no where near what they cost now. Interesting what happened to me a few weeks ago while adjusting the idle mixture screws on my SB. I got close to the coil with my hand while the screwdriver was touching the carb. I got a heck of a jolt. After investigating, found that the blue coil wire terminal end was not crimped and pulled right off. Been that way for 3 years....

20230528_111655.jpg

20230528_111413.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back