• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M&H representative on here?

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Is there anyone on this site that’s a representative or vendor for M&H wiring? I have a question/ constructive criticism for the 68 four-speed transmission reverse light harness. There’s two wires in the factory harness. One is Violet one is white. White is the power wire from the radio circuit which goes through bulkhead, to the reverse switch, and then back into the violet to the back of the car for the reverse lights. They (M&H) have their harness wired with a jumper from the white wire that is used for the reverse light on the dash in the car. I feel the jumper should be put on the violet wire, because if used on the white wire when going through the bulkhead, it has constant power and the light on the dash never goes off. The switched power wire being violet would make more sense because then the light would come on once the reverse lights had power. Easy fix was to swap the white and violet wires when they come through the bulkhead, but factory correct, I would think it would make more sense for the wire that powers the reverse light to piggyback on the violet wire and not the white power wire. Not a huge deal, And if I’m missing something please let me know, but it seems that it would make more sense with two violets instead of two whites. Any comments let me know. I always figure when I’m putting **** together does it really matter but I figured maybe someone had a contact there and I could maybe help someone struggling in the future.

Last edited:
My 1969 factory reverse harness on the left and Brewers repro right. They swapped a black wire for the purple, but white trace on a black with jumper is identical to OE. At the firewall bulkhead my pigtail wires are black (fairly certain.. maybe purple I'll check when I hit the shop) on the passenger side and black/white trace towards drivers side.

Is it possible you have your pigtail wires swapped in the bulkhead connector????.. as mine works just fine.
beerestoration2017 1697.JPG
beerestoration2017 1701.JPG
bbodyreversewireconnection.jpg

Hmmmm well I know the white wire is the key on hot wire for sure. So if you go white to white, then the jumper off of that would be hot all the time as well. If you send that jumper to the reverse indicator on the dash it will be hot all the time as well anytime the key is on. So I am unsure how I could have it wrong. (not saying I am correct haha) Also, I think you have different colors in the bulkhead as my car uses the violet and the white plugged directly into the C & D spots in the back of the bulkhead coming from inside the car to the firewall. So if you keep white to white with a jumper off of it it will have constant power all the time. Looking at your plug in the last pic....the wires do cross over and do exactly what I had to do with mine to make them work. The port in D is the white wire on mine which goes to your "violet"(black) and your C port which is the violet wire is the wire triggered with the switch and that also goes to the light on the dash.

Last edited:
I crossed nothing, that's just the pigtail twisted. I changed nothing in the bulkhead wiring. Black (OE Purple) is the feed to the trans switch, comes back on the black/white trace and it (both OE and Repro) jumpers to the dash reverse light "Z" spot in the bulkhead plug.

That's what I meant the harness is twisted not that you crossed it. In 68 the power feed wire is white. That's the 12v source from the radio circuit. Purple goes to reverse lights. It's hard to explain on here but 68 harness is different because you can't use the "Z" port either. That is used for the left turn signal. Moral of the story is I made it work and the lights work so we are good now lol.
:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back