• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Made my second appearance out ever with the Charger.

Such a nice car, man. You are to be congratulated! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're approaching that age where the priorities change a bit. Congrats on that also!
It's ok to start enjoying the fruits of your labors a bit more - and since you've chosen to be a
steward of one of these wonderful cars, it's a bit of an obligation to share it with others, too.

Very important we all do that as much as possible - otherwise, there could come a day when all
the money, time and effort spent on these cars goes to waste if future generations don't share
the passion.
Thanks! I really appreciate that! I had one older gentleman at that cruise in that had to be close to 80 started to talk to me about my car. He told me he had a 57 Chevy at the cruise in and then said he had bought a new 70 Super Bee with a pistol grip shifter. Said he’s been trying to find a nice 70 Bee or Charger with a pistol grip. He asked me if he could sit in my car and grab ahold of the pistol grip. I told him he could. So he sat in my car and grabbed the pistol grip and then he noticed it had 6 gears on top of it and he no way lol. Well he got out of my car and made me 2 6 digit offers for my car. I respectfully said it’s not for sale and then he asked what does it take to buy it right now lol. I just laughed and said I’m sorry sir it’s not for sale. We talked for another 15 minutes. Such a cool guy and a marine vet.

Thanks! I really appreciate that! I had one older gentleman at that cruise in that had to be close to 80 started to talk to me about my car. He told me he had a 57 Chevy at the cruise in and then said he had bought a new 70 Super Bee with a pistol grip shifter. Said he’s been trying to find a nice 70 Bee or Charger with a pistol grip. He asked me if he could sit in my car and grab ahold of the pistol grip. I told him he could. So he sat in my car and grabbed the pistol grip and then he noticed it had 6 gears on top of it and he no way lol. Well he got out of my car and made me 2 6 digit offers for my car. I respectfully said it’s not for sale and then he asked what does it take to buy it right now lol. I just laughed and said I’m sorry sir it’s not for sale. We talked for another 15 minutes. Such a cool guy and a marine vet.
That's a wonderful story - and I LOVE me some stories around these cars. :)
That'll be a good one to share with folks in the future. :thumbsup:

The car looks sharp and clean. Nice work.

Ok I know where that’s at. I’ve worked in Ohio a lot. I was close to there Around St. Clairesville and Wheeling, Wv

Don't work so much! That car rocks! I must admit I am like you and rarely hit shows or drives except just to look at other people's work. That is a fantastic car and it's always a green color that catches me off guard as to how good it looks. Drive the old girl that's what they are for!

Awesome looking Charger! Love the night shot. Keep up the great work.

With a car that looks that good it should be showed off. Have fun and enjoy your fruits of labor. :thumbsup:

As I made my second appearance ever out with my Charger at a local cruise in that had about 60 cars I’m just overwhelmed with the attention the car gets. I didn’t know if the blood, sweat and tears would ever be worth it but looking at the car now it definitely was. I work a lot and never hardly ever get to go to any cruise ins. I was 2 hours late at this one. I’m really not a show guy as most of those are all day events but I got several invites from some different club members saying the car definitely deserved to be showed. Maybe one of these days if I ever get time I might would take it to a few show events but I really love the evening cruise ins the best and just love the driving the car.

View attachment 1535698
Second generation Chargers are not one of the most Iconic specimens of the Muscle Car era. They are the most Iconic because they were way ahead of their time and still command the attention of gear heads through out the world today. Your car fits in perfectly and always will. You can be proud of it in any crowd. Even the Bozo's that hated seeing those tail lights back in the day still need to see it from time to time just to put things in perspective.
Mopar on my friend.

Second generation Chargers are not one of the most Iconic specimens of the Muscle Car era. They are the most Iconic because they were way ahead of their time and still command the attention of gear heads through out the world today. Your car fits in perfectly and always will. You can be proud of it in any crowd. Even the Bozo's that hated seeing those tail lights back in the day still need to see it from time to time just to put things in perspective.
Mopar on my friend.
Exactly!

As I made my second appearance ever out with my Charger at a local cruise in that had about 60 cars I’m just overwhelmed with the attention the car gets. I didn’t know if the blood, sweat and tears would ever be worth it but looking at the car now it definitely was.

View attachment 1535698

These cars get attention wherever they go, EVERYBODY loves a 2nd gen Charger. Beautiful car! I too would love to see the car at Carlisle.

These cars get attention wherever they go, EVERYBODY loves a 2nd gen Charger. Beautiful car! I too would love to see the car at Carlisle.
One of these days. Like I have mentioned before this job has consumed my life. I’m working 84-98 hours a week right now. As soon as this job is over with I’m cutting my hours back in half next year or the company can let me go. I’m tired.

Auto Transport Service
Back