• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnaflow exhause for 68 charger BB questions

Dakotaacres

Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
I would like to order the complete magnaflow exhaust including the manifold for my charger. I I talked with a magnaflow rep. and he said the passenger side manifold pipe needs to be modified/cut to fit. Anyone have any knowledge of what he said?

Go with TTI exhaust. Although you won’t find any exhaust system for these old cars that come with manifolds included. Have to get manifolds or headers separate, same with tips.

Do you have a Big Block or a Small Block? If you have a BB, you'll need 440HP manifolds and the not regular manifolds in order for MagnaFlow's downtubes to fit. Their BB downtube # is 19304. Their SB downtube is # 19343. Both are designed to hook up to their #19303 kit. What exactly did they say needed to be modified? I've spoken to MF on the phone at length about the BB downtubes , and they've never mentioned anything like that.
https://classicmusclecarexhaust.com...ownpipes-b-rb-w-440-hp-manifolds-2-5-mag19304

Well, I will say the magnaflow system is a bit misleading. First off 383 and 440 both used the exact same manifold on the hp engines. And 67 is different from 68/69, and 70/71 is different from the earlier ones as far as how the outlets are configured so it matters what year manifolds you get as the head pipes are year specific.

I ended up going with TTI. Thanks for the replies.

IMG_3845.jpg IMG_3846.jpg IMG_3847.jpg IMG_3848.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back