• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 14” wheels, disc brake conversion, what ya got?

General23cmp

Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
1969 Satellite with manual drums. Would like to keep my wheels. I’ve seen the Leeds ones, but wonder what else is out there (ends up being over $1000 retail). Not looking for high dollar/show, but just good cruising power discs. Thanks.

I used the right stuff kit and it fit with a little room to spare with about a 1/4 inch to spare. Eventually went to 15 inch wheels but wasnt due to clearance.

I used the right stuff kit and it fit with a little room to spare with about a 1/4 inch to spare. Eventually went to 15 inch wheels but wasnt due to clearance.

I looked the other day at their site, and it said they had no option for my configuration, which is a simple 69 Satellite. I was surprised.

Thanks. I sent them a message tonight. I wasn’t sure if a Magnum 14” wheel is a “disc brake spec” wheel, which is what their site says will work.
I have Dr Diff using 14 magnums

I used the right stuff. I haven't
finished things yet. I'm not sure that I'm completely satisfied with the boost and master yet

I've got the Leed brake kit (through PST). Great quality, easy to install and great stopping power.
20170904_170122.jpg

I have M body (86 5th Ave) brakes on my 66.

They clear 14" rallye's (and 14" road wheels, and 14" steelies) no problem.

I see them (spindle/calipier assy) for $75/pair at U pulls, but the whole running driving parts car for me was $450 about 10 years ago.

I have M body (86 5th Ave) brakes on my 66.

They clear 14" rallye's (and 14" road wheels, and 14" steelies) no problem.

I see them (spindle/calipier assy) for $75/pair at U pulls, but the whole running driving parts car for me was $450 about 10 years ago.

Wow. Was it bolt-in? I assume you had to go with their spindles, but did the steering and everything else bolt back in with no problem?

The bolts for the lower ball joint to spindle are different between the 86 and 66.
IIRC I had to use the 66 bolts because the 86 were too short.
I did find some at Ace HW if I needed them (they are big and fine thread)

This site was VERY helpful-

https://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/spindles.shtml

I'm not sure to be honest - good question. The sales/tech guy is Greg Kuter, [email protected] . I might shoot him an email now and ask him for future reference. I'll let you know what he says.

Bill Cummings (the GM) replied back as follows "The brake pads and rotors can be purchased at any parts store. The brake pads have an FMSI number of D11 which is from a 1964-67 Mustang GT as well as some A Body Mopars from that era. The rotors are also 1965-67 Ford Mustang GT rotors the only difference is that we remove the inner race and install a spacer behind it to fit your spindle properly. If you do replace the rotors with an off the shelf rotor you would have to remove the inner race and add the spacer from your old rotors. Additionally we do stock all the replacement components here if you do need them."

Auto Transport Service
Back