• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 500 15x10 backspacing

Highwaystar

Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone run 15x10" wheels on a factory B-Body? If so what was the backspacing that worked the best? I am also wanting to run 15x8's up front. I was told 4.5" backspacing should work for the front. any better thoughts on that as well.

can anyone post pix of there 15x10 wheels..Magnum 500 pix would be cool..

:hello2:

Has anyone run 15x10" wheels on a factory B-Body? If so what was the backspacing that worked the best? I am also wanting to run 15x8's up front. I was told 4.5" backspacing should work for the front. any better thoughts on that as well.

can anyone post pix of there 15x10 wheels..Magnum 500 pix would be cool..

:hello2:

Yes, thats what I have on my R/T. Rears are 15x10's with 295/50/15's. Fronts are 15x7 or 8's, (I'll check further, I have that data written down somewhere, but can't find it right now.) with 235/60/15's.

Backspacing is either 4.5" or 4.75" on rears, again I don't recall exactly the front backspacing, but I'll get back to you when I dig up the specs on what I bought.

A word of caution: You didn't specify Dodge or Plymouth, you just said 'B' body. I am fairly sure that the Plymouth rear wheelwell is slightly smaller (maybe a 1/2" or so) than the Dodge, due to the contour of the quarter panel. Mine of course, is on the Dodge version and the 295's are about as big as I would want to safely go. They might be tight on a Plymouth. Also, if I were to do it over again, I might go down one size (225's) on the fronts. Some very slight rubbing on the frame rails during full stop turns.

Attachments

• RT Rear.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,445
  • RT Side.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 3,601
Found my specs on the wheels:

Fronts - 15x7" with 4 1/4" backspacing.

Rears - 15x10" with 5" backspacing.

Also, obviously this is on a '69 Dodge 'B' body. Not sure what year/make/model you are working with.

That's good info and nice pix. I have a 68 Plymouth GTX. I was thinking of going with the 275/60/15 tire that I currently have.
Do you feel that there is room to run a 15x8 in the front? with a little more backspacing?
Any side pix showing the deep dish of the rear magnums?

That's a cool car as well. I had one the same color with the bulge hood and stripe delete with an R/T emblem in the quarter, console 4 spd car. last I knew it was in Mt. Airy, N.C. about 17 years ago.
Thanks,
T.J.

Very nice 70. That is the width of the rear wheel, backspacing, and tire I am looking at using. It sounds like it is tight in the back. Is it possible to get another 1/4 or 1/2" backspacing that would help with the outside lip? It sounds like you are having no problems up front with the 7" wheel and 225/60/15 tires. Can you go 8"?

How is the car coming along??

M3 Concert 019.jpgM3 Concert 018.jpgM3 Concert 015.jpgWell the correct backspacing needed for a Plymouth on a 15x10" wheel is 5 1/2". I purchased some 15x10x5" backspaced wheels, and they worked until I lowered the rear to an acceptable level. Now I am getting a slight rub on sharp turns with the body rolling. I just ordered new wheels with 5 1/2" backspace which will work out fine. The Charger and Coronet does have a wider quarter and will accept the 5" backspacing, but not the Plymouths. This was using a 275/60/15 BF Goodrich tire. Hopefully this will answer someones question I was looking to be answered 5 months ago.

15X10 with a 5" backspace works on the 1st gen Charger too. That's what I have on my car. Are you going to sell the 5"bs wheels?

yes, there for sale. I will have them at Carlisle show in 2 weeks.
spot Q45, Q46, Q47. Next to gate 2.
I will need to get at least $200.00 a piece.

take a look at the post 4 down from this with the canadian flag. You will see pics and info I just poated yesterday. I have 15 X 8 with 4.5 backspacing with P255/60/R15 BF Goodrich on the front and 15 X 10 5.5 backspacing with P295/50/R15 on the rear. I put them on bpoth my 74 Runner and 69 runner and fit with no issues as you can see in the pics. I also have for my 69 runner a pair of P275/60/R15 on 15X10 4.5 backspacing. They are close to the lip and you have to have the air shocks pumped up so that they do not rub. With a 5.5 backspacing they would fit okay as evidenced from my use of the P295/50/R15 which are wider.

Auto Transport Service
Back