• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 500 17 x 10

Mortonfan

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
New to the discussion mode.
I am pulling the 68 Charger off of the rotissere and am struggling with 15" or 17" rims. I want 10" on the rear and would really like Magnum 500's.
I can't seem to find anyone that sells 17 x 10's. Seems I need to start with wheels before brakes and then suspension?
Totally open to proven advice.
Thank you in advance for your help

Welcome aboard from NJ. I am not sure if anyone makes them either, or maybe used to make them that is; before the pandemic and supply chain disruptions. I just found out that American Racing Wheels stopped making my favorite aluminum slots. However, US Mags still does make them in a bunch of sizes including 17". Good Luck with your car & your quest! Please post up a few pictures of your toy when you get a chance! You should introduce yourself in the welcome wagon first!

You have more choices for tires with the 17's, but you'll have to limit your suspension travel so the
tire doesn't hit the wheel well or fender brace! Another problem is, I've had Magnum 500's on order
from Coker Tire for four months now and they claim that they can't get steel to make them. Nothing
is available yet. Patience, patience! Good luck and welcome!

You have more choices for tires with the 17's, but you'll have to limit your suspension travel so the
tire doesn't hit the wheel well or fender brace! Another problem is, I've had Magnum 500's on order
from Coker Tire for four months now and they claim that they can't get steel to make them. Nothing
WTH are you talking about??? So a 26.5" tall tire on a 15" rim fits differently than a 26.5" tall tire on a 17" rim... Don't think so...

Far as I'm aware 17x9 is the widest Magnum 500 style 17" wheel

There are not many taller tires available in 17( tallest I found was close to 26) that are of the summer sport vs the 15 ( can be located up to 29”)
And yes- 17x9 is widest out there. I purchased a set of staggered from Year One along w Nitto G2

Nitto Tires 214020 Nitto NT 555 G2 Tires | Summit Racing

I've got 29" tall tires but they aren't available... Here's a 28" tall tire.. Look a little harder...
Serves me right for responding when I’m half asleep! I ended up w the 255/50- as some concern in the first Gen world with the taller tires and the leading edge of the rear qtr.
if these are too small, not to worry- I’m sure they will only last a summer!

I was thinking of pulling the trigger and ordering a set of Magnum 500’s from Coker. I may just keep searching for a used set after reading this.

I got a great deal on them through Jegs, and free shipping, but I guess that doesn't matter if you can't get them!
They have the 15 X 7's, but not the 15 X 8's. That's what's holding up the order.

Personally, I like 15" wheels on these old rides. But some bigger wheels look good as well. Not sure what size he is running, but @Kern Dog has a nice looking combo on his Charger you should check out.

I got a great deal on them through Jegs, and free shipping, but I guess that doesn't matter if you can't get them!
They have the 15 X 7's, but not the 15 X 8's. That's what's holding up the order.
I need 8” for the backs, maybe I’ll wait until the dust settles with this whole supply thing with the economy. By that time we may be on digital currency.

Auto Transport Service
Back