• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 500 rim width

69SportSatellite

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
OK, so I know it is a perennial topic here to discuss wheel and tire sizes. I looked through several posts/threads and didn't find an answer per se to my question -- of course, that could mean I just didn't search diligently enough.

But, be that as it may, I am getting ready to buy new wheels/tires for my '69 Sport Satellite since I am upgrading to front discs. After looking at several cars at local shows, I've decided to go with 235/60/15s all around (seems like the popular choice), but what I'm wondering is whether I should go with 15 x 7 or 15 x 8 Magnum 500s? I **think** 15 x 7 is fine for the 235s but I wonder if 15 x 8 would be preferable if I later decide to go with 245s in the rear?

Thanks as always for everyone's input!

Chris

Either rim size will work for 235s, although the ideal width is 15x8 for both sizes. If you look up rim calculator on the internet, you will find a couple of sites and you can play with different tire sizes and calculate rim width.

Good Luck!

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back