• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 500 Rims

JimKueneman

Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
I am in the market for some Magnum 500 rims. I almost hit the order button on some Wheel Vintiques but after looking at the comments it appeared a lot of people where disappointed with the chrome and runout. What manufacturer would you buy these style rims from?

Thanks,
Jim

I have seen a few threads that they billed up front for materials and took 6 months to make the wheels. Wonder if that was during the transition or health?

They don't post pricing.... If you have to ask you can't afford them :)

Looking at this guy too....

http://themopardude.com/

I hadn't heard that about Wheel Vintiques, but thanks for the heads up. I'm getting ready for a similar order myself in the near future.

Wheel Vintiques was one of my vendors and we moved our fair share of their product. Their quality was quite good back then but I think there was some internal financial mishaps and the shake up seemed to have changed the quality of their products. It was around the same time they sold off all of their billet wheel tooling/business.

Check out this month's edition of Mopar Muscle. The Coker Tire CEO's(?)(but in any case, a Coker big wig) 73 Charger is featured and he swapped to the Magnum 500s that Coker does. Evidently the wheels are Made in USA too, if that matters. And I'm sure they are pricey.

If you don't need date and stamp correct, your market opens up to all the ford products.

I found 2 15x7 oem ford magnums on craigslist for $100.

I'd be willing to bet the 40 plus year old chrome on them holds up better than new repro chrome.

If you don't need date and stamp correct, your market opens up to all the ford products.

I found 2 15x7 oem ford magnums on craigslist for $100.

I'd be willing to bet the 40 plus year old chrome on them holds up better than new repro chrome.

Nope I just think they look cool on the Coronet and I 100% agree with your bet...

Have an inquiry to Coker Wheel. They are not any more expensive than Wheel Vintiques.

The Mopar Dude is $1200 for everything I need to my door step. Made to order with whatever backspacing I want. I bit more than I wanted to spend.

These wheels were also offered aftermarket by the manufacturer during the time period our cars were new.

I run "Magnum 500" stickers on the center caps rather than the Mopar sticker.

That removes any question about their origin and kills the ford speculation for them being 15"

Cragar 510 series "magnums here 15x7 and15x8
http://www.jegs.com/p/Cragar/Cragar-Magnum-Wheels/1574165/10002/-1

cragar_510magnum_15x6-1602-221-00-10001.jpg

Whoa!!! Those Cragars are kick ***!!!! But do I really need another set of wheels/tires?!?!?!??!

20161123_090312.jpg

I got these 17" magnums from Year One. Have yet to add the center caps in this pic

View attachment 374388
I got these 17" magnums from Year One. Have yet to add the center caps in this pic

I've been very tempted to get that same setup...17 Magnums with some redlines.

What size tires are you running in that pic? Looks great.

Thanks for the heads up about the Crag-nums....they look like a good option too.

BF Goodrich Silverton Redlines
225/55/17 from Coker

Only bad thing is they cost too much to do burnouts. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back