• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Main jets center carb rebuild kit question

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
I just bought a Walker carb rebuild kit: 15395A for the center carb and it comes with a lot of parts, including replacement main jets. Any idea what size these are? Their size is not indicated anywhere with the kit. Barring a definitive answer, should I eyeball them for size comparison to the ones that are in the carb now for a match or difference? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-25-18-44-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-25-18-44-25.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 255
You could measure them with drill size and find a conversion chart online.

Brass jets do not degrade, so why replace them with new Chinese ones just because they are in the kit? But with that aside, you could measure the hole as described above.

Thanks to both of you. I am fine reusing the ones that are in the carb.

Well, the rebuild kit did NOT come with jets, I had #62 jets in the carb. After talking with Bob "Mr 6 pack" K and looking in Larry Shepard's Six Pack Engine Handbook, as well as a few emails and phone calls to Phil Fish (THANKS TO ALL) According to the handbook, #63 jets are stock for auto trans cars, #64 for 4 speed....so I ordered a set of #64s, but I bought a set of 65s locally and installed them. After resolving some leaks, which required removing and reinstalling the carb again, the test drive was incredible! ! No more popping or surging while running up thru the RPM range on primarily the center carb! Wide open power was improved noticeably as well! Engine has an unknown purple stripe cam (probably the 284°) and 7/8" primary tube Tti headers.

Mine surges at high speeds. It's a holley 4144-1 center. I've changed the jet once to a 64. I sure wish holley made it a easer to change the jets.

Same carb as mine. Jets were IMO, a tweak, but disassembling, cleaning, and rebuilding the carb I believe was the solution.

Auto Transport Service
Back