• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major Surgery / Update

53EF237F-3CDD-46E8-8B9E-7C09F1C37122.jpeg
6E961970-0DB5-4B65-B1F4-B7063C6B86A5.jpeg
29D86EF3-7AD9-4B69-813D-ED8A28EEA252.jpeg
0B0D177A-C780-4CB0-BCA9-8CCE995D29C7.jpeg
8B4DCE65-F3BA-4620-94B3-069F48E82486.jpeg
4CA0AD5D-DB70-415D-AAC6-FA647436600E.jpeg
53EF237F-3CDD-46E8-8B9E-7C09F1C37122.jpeg

Coming along! The guys at the shop are putting in some hours. Finally starting to look like a car again.

Very nice work. Wish I could see it. Would like to see it and several others including DVW and Malex. I don't have the skill or knowledge to do this but like being around to try and learn. Good luck and show the other brands a what a fast Mopar is.

Coming along nicely. Most people don't realize how much time and work it takes to fit all the bars like that.

Coming along nicely. Most people don't realize how much time and work it takes to fit all the bars like that.
You said it! Some of the bars took full days, tin work and every little piece takes hours if not days, the amount of hours into this so far is unreal. Feel for the builder, he’s a perfectionist, glad he is but it’s a **** load of work.

@plumwagon
I'll embarrass myself on the open forum by asking the question that may have an obvious answer...
Is this structure considered a "full tube chassis"? It sure looks like it to me!
I'm assuming stronger and lighter than the factory setup, say, even compared USCT frame connectors w/factory frame?
Help me understand what I'm looking at, and then let me be giddy with shared joy and enthusiasm for what "that" means, and toss in the engine, trans, front and rear setup including suspension type in the description.
If I have to guess, this is a balls out straight line drag racer?

Mine is nowhere near that complicated. But I do know about fitting bars. Yes it's time consuming.
Doug
0407091316.jpg

@plumwagon
I'll embarrass myself on the open forum by asking the question that may have an obvious answer...
Is this structure considered a "full tube chassis"? It sure looks like it to me!
I'm assuming stronger and lighter than the factory setup, say, even compared USCT frame connectors w/factory frame?
Help me understand what I'm looking at, and then let me be giddy with shared joy and enthusiasm for what "that" means, and toss in the engine, trans, front and rear setup including suspension type in the description.
If I have to guess, this is a balls out straight line drag racer?

This is full tube from chassis, if I remember correctly it falls under SFI Spec 25.1K Full Bodied Car Tube Chassis. It will cert for 6.0 1/4 times. It has all the good parts going in but this is a little different build than a standard tube frame chassis car. I want to be able to drive this wherever I want, anytime I want so some things have been designed a lit different like exhaust running through frame, it will be able to sit slammed without exhaust hanging below the car. It has all the best parts, Holley 12.3 dash, Dominator ECU, Pro Mod 9inch, full floater, 4 link, motor will start out as built hellcat with TH400 with a gear vendors. Car has a lot of carbon fiber inside. Should weigh 2,700lbs. It will be going to get abrasive blasting soon, then all metal body work will be fixed then off to powder coat. Reassembly then paint. Lot of other details leaving out. That’s the basics

It does suck getting older and climbing in and out of the monkey bars going places on the street and groceries in the back seat. Lol.

View attachment 1235528 View attachment 1235529

Looking forward to it. It had an 8.50 cage in it originally, I'm still in good shape and don't really mind yet:praying:. It had a 500' pump gas motor that ran in the 10's, just wasn't fun to take anywhere (overheating, vapor lock, high rpm freeway drives). Trying to change it up and do something a little different, it has a trailer hitch now and should be a pretty good drag week car. If I'm so inclined in the future I can put in a Proline or something similar and not have to change cage or much of anything else, taking care of car first, power second instead of the reverse.

BC17C3B0-5CFB-43EC-97A7-593E404DACEB.jpeg
59AB0B9B-1808-47DD-9207-CA7A9EE8079A.jpeg

Getting down to smaller details now, Nathan made battery boxes with master disconnect switch along with a tow hitch which will double as parachute mount.

your guy does some really nice fab work...

I can't wait to see it run & done

I'll bet you're getting excited :bananadance:

Thanks Budnicks! Yeah, been a long expensive process. All the small details are really making it special. Looking forward to getting it to powder coat, after that final assembly will start. Shooting for end of summer.

D56D03B3-9920-4F96-AAD4-23A4814ACC86.jpeg

Aeromotive pump, RaceCraft fire system and tank hold down fab work with some carbon fiber. Trunk almost complete other than it all coming out for powder coat, pressure test etc. Nathan killing it, pictures don’t do it justice. Wire mount tabs welded to cage for clean wire install.

Auto Transport Service
Back