• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major Surgery / Update

New motor finally arrived, inside close to being finished. Now everything has to be taken out and wet sanded prior powder coat. The motor is a 2022 Demon / Redeye factory crate motor. Bigger injectors, pulleys, new fuel rails and some other items are still on the way or back ordered. Pictures don’t do justice how nice the interior tin work and carbon inserts look.

6976FDD8-F08A-4352-B599-F36AD3D9948F.jpeg
0C78BFBA-15C0-4C93-9E90-0A8F4C1378A2.jpeg
96408B9E-B646-4891-8CE7-93A05D915295.jpeg
D2560A38-BA4A-4987-8F7D-06FE46E665ED.jpeg
B22A5CCB-08F1-43B3-840F-2F1101125E26.jpeg
ACE2276C-2B35-4DB9-A802-BCE1FE48BD80.jpeg

How much hp/tq is that 'Demon / HellCat' crate motor rated at ?
or has it been dyno'd ?

I assume you know all of it already anyway...
But;

Demon engines 840hp/770tq on 100 oct. fuel
with the right keyfob/computer/Power Control Modules
base was (808hp/717tq on 91 oct.)
& had a different camshaft & bigger blower (2.4ltr vs 2.2ltr IIRC ?)
different pulleys (maybe injectors also)
different power control modules,
activated by key fobs/supplied crate parts too etc.
10.40 @ 132 average
professional driver did get it down to 9.49 @ 140 (or was it 9.69)
ideal conditions on a prepped track

the RedEyes 797hp are like the reg. org. HellCat 707hp engines, just more hp
I assume in a pulley (maybe injector) change (crates)

RedEye cars were made road course ready, wide bodies
but allegedly would do 10.80s (IIRC)

Demon was dragstrip ready, wheels up from the factory
315 drag radials

New motor finally arrived, inside close to being finished. Now everything has to be taken out and wet sanded prior powder coat. The motor is a 2022 Demon / Redeye factory crate motor. Bigger injectors, pulleys, new fuel rails and some other items are still on the way or back ordered. Pictures don’t do justice how nice the interior tin work and carbon inserts look.

View attachment 1254740 View attachment 1254741 View attachment 1254742 View attachment 1254743 View attachment 1254744 View attachment 1254745
Again your fabricator, does extremely nice/clean work :thumbsup:

I'm a lil jealous :bananadance:

Last edited:
The 'Hellapant 7.0 ltr./426 cid' SC SRT is a 1,000hp crate motor
I think it also comes with all the computer & harness stuff
all the acces. drive etc., "plug & play"... whatever that means ?
(Maybe ? with the trans too),
& it starts at like $28,000

Last edited:
The 'Hellapant 7.0 ltr./426 cid' SC SRT is a 1,000hp crate motor
I think it also comes with all the computer & harness stuff
all the acces. drive etc., "plug & play"... whatever that means ?
(Maybe ? with the trans too),
& it starts at like $28,000
No trans, 1kHP AND 950 FT LBS TORQUE!
What I am EXTREMELY curious about is the Demon superchargers and possibly some/all of the others used the air conditioning system to chill or cool down the superchargers and/or the intake. I don't remember exactly what was cooled by it, but it definitely played a role.
I don't see how that very brilliant bit of engineering that definitely contributes to power, and continued levels of power or recovery time to maintain those power levels, what happens when you get a crate engine that does NOT include the air conditioning system?
:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

Demon motor and Redeye same engine. Difference is Redeye doesn’t have file tune from factory to unlock the 840hp tune. I am running Holley Dominator ECU and E85 so no factory computer. Dodge dynos all Redeye crate motors before they send them out. I will be running 10% overdrive sfi dampner required for the track and a smaller upper pulley. Should make 1,000hp.
F2411A44-B823-47F5-A022-5D9D4DC25133.jpeg
E947AFA6-5E38-49FE-812C-979850881326.jpeg
41EE3562-EB91-4BBF-864A-68C456DE4B56.jpeg

And bigger injectors, see what it will run before motor comes apart.

No trans, 1kHP AND 950 FT LBS TORQUE!
What I am EXTREMELY curious about is the Demon superchargers and possibly some/all of the others used the air conditioning system to chill or cool down the superchargers and/or the intake. I don't remember exactly what was cooled by it, but it definitely played a role.
I don't see how that very brilliant bit of engineering that definitely contributes to power, and continued levels of power or recovery time to maintain those power levels, what happens when you get a crate engine that does NOT include the air conditioning system?
:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:
I will be running 8 gallon ice tank with an EMP pump plus a massive heat exchanger.

Stagefright thanks for asking. Like so many big projects, life got in the way and it was put on hold for a bit. Good news is all fab work is now finished and in a few weeks it will be going off to get abrasive blasted, assembled then disassembled, powder-coated and then final assembly. I will update the thread with new pics once it’s out of powder coat.

Stagefright thanks for asking. Like so many big projects, life got in the way and it was put on hold for a bit. Good news is all fab work is now finished and in a few weeks it will be going off to get abrasive blasted, assembled then disassembled, powder-coated and then final assembly. I will update the thread with new pics once it’s out of powder coat.
It should be a beauty & a beast :thumbsup:

I know all too well about life getting in the way. Just wish half of that life would have left a longer time ago lol

Cranky, I am constantly impressed that anyone finishes big projects, hats off to you guys that get them done. The amount of time, money and resources it takes is not for the faint of heart.

Glad to hear you still have it and life didn’t get in the way to the point you had to sell it . I’ve dealt with that too many times and I always regret selling projects . I can’t wait to see that car !

Auto Transport Service
Back