• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making your own dual snorkel air cleaner

Spare Parts

Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
Has anybody here ever made their own dual snorkel out of 2 standard air cleaners.
Cutting the snorkel off on one and welding/grafting to another?
If so how did it turn out?

I did that on a 60's one, it was pretty easy. It takes a bit of hunting for donor bits the more correct you want it to be.

I did that for my Uncle's '69 300. Piece of cake, and turned out pretty nice.

Has anybody here ever made their own dual snorkel out of 2 standard air cleaners.
Cutting the snorkel off on one and welding/grafting to another?
If so how did it turn out?

Pretty simple really. I have two identical air cleaners sitting in my shop that I have been intending to to do this to Someday. I think I have been waiting for Someday for about 25 years now, but .....

I did that back in the day to make my L code 383 two barrel 70 Charger look like it had a four barrel carb on it. The dual inlets and a 383 Magnum pie tin was cheaper than a 4 barrel intake manifold and carb! The car was a daily driver and it got decent gas mileage, so I didn't want to mess with it.

I haven't fabbed one myself but had the pleasure of finishing two for others in traditional black wrinkle. The welds needed some cleanup as usual but they turned out nice and looked almost factory.

How about making one drop base as well? Considering trying for my brother's car

Auto Transport Service
Back