• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mancini Racing roller rockers - what do you think?

You will likely need to machine the spacers that are between the pairs of rockers to achieve proper side clearance, usually around.030 clearance is needed. A lathe would be the easiest way.

If I remember right, I couldn’t get the aluminum hold downs to fit right, so I just used the stock ones.

Received mine this week, no instructions? The product, looks well built. Installing on 400, new stealth heads. Will admit, it’s been since the mid eighties, that I have messed with B/RB engines. Thought it would be self explanatory. Installed the 8 shim washers on each side of mounting pads/blocks, one each at end next to mtg. pads. Then the 4 spacers between rockers. Look super close in location, rockers moved as should. Started tightening mounting bolts, from center out. Noticed end bolts were very snug, while tightening them. Stopped, pulled out, examined, proceeded again, really tight, stopped, rockers are jammed tight, no movement. Frustrated after things going pretty good on a hot/humid/raining day.
Today going to check part number ordered, fill confident they are correct. My question….do you not use all spacer shims? 16 total for both heads & 8 spacers. Here is pics

View attachment 1488193

View attachment 1488194
Mancini sells a kit with thin shims to customize the clearance to your liking. No two heads are the same so you need to adjust with different shims.
Gus

You will likely need to machine the spacers that are between the pairs of rockers to achieve proper side clearance, usually around.030 clearance is needed. A lathe would be the easiest way.
Just figured this out a few minutes ago. Shims that came with that I mocked up was to tight, pushing the end mtg.brkts outward, causing the bind. I took out the spacer washers at the end mtg.brkts., helped but center rockers to tight. Without any kind of paperwork or directions, besides the invoice, may have helped & further customers. SC440 I appreciate your input, it’s greatly appreciated
Ron

Received mine this week, no instructions?
Same for me WAY back when I got mine. I had to mock mine up on a spare set of heads off the car before leaning over the fenders to install them.

Finally setting mine up.. and.... too tight, no documentation (small block with trick flows) They should at least warn you that you will need a shim kit to make them work... (i have never used rollers on a mopar)... sooo tired of waiting for parts

I mocked mine up on a spare set of heads.
You’re right, the lack of instructions is annoying. I started a thread on this site about how pissed I get when companies do that… either worthless instructions or none at all.
I had to mill a couple of the mount hold down blocks for clearance.
A lot of us are doing some of this stuff for the first time. Decent instructions would save a lot of frustration.

I mocked mine up on a spare set of heads.
You’re right, the lack of instructions is annoying. I started a thread on this site about how pissed I get when companies do that… either worthless instructions or none at all.
I had to mill a couple of the mount hold down blocks for clearance.
A lot of us are doing some of this stuff for the first time. Decent instructions would save a lot of frustration.
Yeah.. i just ordered 2 shim kits, the shims with the rockers are .047-048 i order some 20's and 40's... i don't mind having to order the **** but it's the time wasted that is annoying. The problem is a lot of guys have done this hundreds of times, i never put rollers on a mopar before so it's all a learning process. Ah well.. waiting on my converter to show up and other **** anyway.. just more time :)

Speaking only of the big-block rockers the 1.5s are red anodized, the 1.6s are raw finished. Been that way as long as I can remember. They're decent rockers, probably the best for the price point..but I agree with you guys. The lack of information on the site, and with the product can be frustrating.
I can't understand why after all these years they haven't updated their website info. But, that's Mancini's for ya...if any of you remember back to the pre-internet days, their newspaper "catalog" wasn't much better as far as accuracy.
I guess we're just supposed to be grateful to have them around and take what they give us...

Speaking only of the big-block rockers the 1.5s are red anodized, the 1.6s are raw finished. Been that way as long as I can remember. They're decent rockers, probably the best for the price point..but I agree with you guys. The lack of information on the site, and with the product can be frustrating.
I can't understand why after all these years they haven't updated their website info. But, that's Mancini's for ya...if any of you remember back to the pre-internet days, their newspaper "catalog" wasn't much better as far as accuracy.
I guess we're just supposed to be grateful to have an all-Mopar parts store and take what they give us...
It's cause mopar guys are supposed to just know everything and every part number ever used :)

The guys at mancini are cool as hell though, i used to work at a factory bout 1/2 mile from their old shop (20 years ago) and i was building my challenger at the time.. i would go in after work with my paycheck, get a pile of parts and sign over my check and get change back :)

It's cause mopar guys are supposed to just know everything and every part number ever used :)

The guys at mancini are cool as hell though, i used to work at a factory bout 1/2 mile from their old shop (20 years ago) and i was building my challenger at the time.. i would go in after work with my paycheck, get a pile of parts and sign over my check and get change back :)
Yeah, they are good guys. Any time I've had an issue (there have been plenty) they didn't hesitate to take care of it, with no BS like "well you'll have to pay the return shipping" or any of that. I'd just think that by now, someone in that place has a kid or grandkid computer whiz that could fix things up for them in short order!

I do understand and kind of agree with what you're saying.. but to put it into perspective, it's like me asking for a garage package and saying , I've never done this, where's the instructions.
There must be some assumption that when you're buying specialty performance parts, you should have some mechanical ability/training/experience etc.
Nowadays it feels like any bum on the corner wants to be a race engine builder lol

I’ve seen these rockers outlast top dollar HS Rockers and they were perfect for my TF 240 Heads. Here’s what mine look like 6 years ago.

D7E2F940-C122-4E2C-A7C9-CA50D3D5C6F0.jpeg

I was told that they were a Harland Sharp "off label" product. I don't know if that means they are copies made by some Chinesees or that Harland Sharp made them on the down low...

Harland Sharp makes them. For Mancini to sell as their own product.

I do understand and kind of agree with what you're saying.
There must be some assumption that when you're buying specialty performance parts, you should have some mechanical ability/training/experience etc.
Nah, screw that. If it is stock, it is easy to find documentation somewhere on how it goes together. When there are special parts that no stock engine has, some sort of help should be there.
TTI sends excellent instructions with their headers. Headers look simple but there are numerous little obstacles to encounter during installation.
Even an intake manifold from Edelbrock and a Holley carburetor come with some type of instructions.
Sure, there are mechanics, full time restorers, racers and others that have years of experience.....they know the tricks involved with the installation.
Joe Blow from Idaho, doing the job for the first time may have experience with cars but this is his first time doing THIS, yet no help is available.

Auto Transport Service
Back