• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manual Steering Box

You all may be right.... I like a think tank to mull over good ideas... :steering:

Still not set in stone......:)

I'm of the other school, love the OE manual box in my Bee on the highway, absolutely hate the PS in the Bird.

I'm of the other school, love the OE manual box in my Bee on the highway, absolutely hate the PS in the Bird.

When i was young (1960) that is all there was....... unless you had a big luxury car.

I had no problems back then.... of course i was young and strong too.

I'm 58 and tore my bicep muscle off my left elbow 2.5 years ago, I'd say I have about 55% use of the arm back now and still love the manual over the PS. Not many places we put our old classics that require any lock to lock steering when out in public.

I'm 58 and tore my bicep muscle off my left elbow 2.5 years ago, I'd say I have about 55% use of the arm back now and still love the manual over the PS. Not many places we put our old classics that require any lock to lock steering when out in public.

You have been very helpful...

One of the boys wants me to put in power steering, and my reply is it helps to build up my muscle strength. I have everything to make it into a 67 power steering car.

One of the boys wants me to put in power steering, and my reply is it helps to build up my muscle strength. I have everything to make it into a 67 power steering car.

I can not imagine doing that on a hemi.... Where there is no wiggle room and especially with a bicep tear.

Keep pushing back and challenge yourself. I find its very rewarding when you complete the task and say I still got it!.

The grim reaper isn't as close as you thought.....

I am putting my K member, steering box and hemi all at the same time.

I imagine a power steering with motor in engine bay would be a challenging with two good biceps.

I have no Mopar experience till this past July.... a new challenge that makes life enjoyable!

Or buy a brand new quick ratio unit from James @PST, 16:1 , free shipping and I think a 10% discount for being a member here...about $270 to your door.
Or buy a brand new quick ratio unit from James @PST, 16:1 , free shipping and I think a 10% discount for being a member here...about $270 to your door.
16 to 1 is tough at slow speeds with modern tires and heavy engine!

I try to spend more time going faster than idling....lol... look at it this way you get a shoulder work out at no additional cost when parking!

I try to spend more time going faster than idling....lol... look at it this way you get a shoulder work out at no additional cost when parking!
Yes for sure , since changing steering boxes, I’ve started lifting again! Haha

Agree 100%. I have one of PST's 16:1 boxes in my Duster and love it. Bought another for my Road Runner. Lasted for 2 months before I took it out and put the 24:1 back in. Noticeably harder to turn at slow speeds in the heavier car. I could have lived with it, but my wife really struggled and wouldn't drive the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back